PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2008, 09:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint PPC6700
Carrier: Sprint

erolfox is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Holux GPSlim no longer pairs right with update WM6.1

Have a Holux GPSlim for some time working fine. Works great in stock PPC6700 WM5 and worked great in WM6 build.

Have the latest Kitchen and ROM, everything updated for sprint and the Holux now fails when the 0000 passcode is entered. If a random passcode is entered it does connect, but there is no serial support from the device.

Next odd behaviour is that when GPS is accessed by an app, the Holux seems to be asking to pair again and again. Just never settles down and works.

I heard others have same trouble with WM6.1 & Holux. Hoping to get some help on this.
Old 06-25-2008, 09:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6700 & 6900
Carrier: Verizon

buddhatikkigod is keeping up the good workbuddhatikkigod is keeping up the good workbuddhatikkigod is keeping up the good work
Re: Holux GPSlim no longer pairs right with update WM6.1

well i dont know what i did differently but i got my holux working on 6.1 with my 6700. i use it on my bike while riding the holux on the handlebars and the 6700 on the gas tank.
Old 06-26-2008, 08:20 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by erolfox View Post
I heard others have same trouble with WM6.1 & Holux. Hoping to get some help on this.
Its not the Holux but the 6.1 and a lot of ppl have issues with 6.1 and for the life of me I cannot understand why so many people wanna go to 6.1 when there is nothing to gain but more headaches.

To be more direct with your post and question, how long have you had 6.1 installed and did you hard reset after the installation? Have you soft reset since then? What map based software are you using?
Old 06-26-2008, 03:20 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

erolfox is a n00b

Ah, that's my gut instinct, this WM6.1 blew up the GPS. 6.0 worked just great!

I've hard reset, soft, the Holux just won't pair off the actual 0000 code. It's really weird it pairs off any other number when it should completely fail right away.

This 6.1 has other CABs though, like Sprite backup working now, GPS visible in setting, and on and on that made it desireable. Unfortunately, seems no way to reach the Kitchen folks to debug it. Alas, 6.1 is a complete bust for me then.

know how to find the 6.0 apache rom again?
Old 06-26-2008, 06:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

tcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I have a Holux GPSlim and I have flashed and paired several times. I have seen where 0000 didnt take once maybe twice. I just tryied it again and it worked fine. Which version of WM6.1 are you using? There are several versions in the Kitchen.
Old 06-26-2008, 08:21 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

erolfox is a n00b

WM6.1 5.2 Build 19213.1.0.4 (from about screen)

traggic pair code fails at all, even once. never has failed on any device before. Doesn't fail on my new B-Speech GPS 20C (that's a different problem). And worse it accepts the wrong code. LOL

tested again and yes it will pair on 0000 the second time. (of course, it will pair on anything but 000 the first time). Usually doesn't have the serial port service the first time, must refresh several time.

But here's the huge problem. When any app accesses com port the Holux asks to pair. How can this be, it's a passive device? Saying no means you'll keep getting messages to pair. Choosing yes clear the existing setting to re set all over again. This each time you first up an app.

Solution, leave TomTom on for ever, eat up the battery and leave it plugged in. LOL

Last edited by erolfox; 06-26-2008 at 08:59 PM.
Old 06-26-2008, 09:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

tcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Uncheck secure connection while creating your comport.

Another to remember, A device that does not allow you to change its pairing code technically doesnt have one. Is just like having a blank code. Most bluetooth devices, like headsets etc, use 0000. Not too hard to crack that one.

However, I am not sure if the bluetooth devices use that code every time the device connects. So if you connect and use something other than 0000, it might not work the next time you turn the GPS on. I would recommend doing what it takes to use the 0000 code.
Old 06-26-2008, 10:03 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

erolfox is a n00b

ah, sharp answer tcbush. no code eh?
so the big challenge is Holux requesting to pair. Now that is just plain weird!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache