PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2008, 03:14 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC PPC 6700
Carrier: Alltel

ervin21 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Alltel rom help please

Hello... I just received a HTC PPC-6700 in the mail today from Ebay... It was suppose to work right out of the box for Alltel but it is not working. I called them and the ##000000 does not work so they can not program it for Alltel. I'm guessing that I need to install the Alltel rom. The problem is that I cannot find the stock Alltel rom and even if I did I would not know how to use it. I would greatly appreciate it if someone would point me in the right direction and if they could give me a few directions. Please help me get my phone working with Alltel. It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old 06-23-2008, 03:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

tantrum829 is keeping up the good worktantrum829 is keeping up the good work
Re: Alltel rom help please

This is the page you need to go but the link to your model does not work

Try for yourself.

http://www.htcamerica.net/support/default.html
Old 06-23-2008, 04:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

gambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Here's another link. The readme file should give you instructions on how to install the AKU 2 ROM. You should use an XP PC and AS4.5.
http://handsets.utstar.com/phone_dow...carrier=Alltel

Last edited by gambatte; 06-23-2008 at 04:05 PM.
Old 06-23-2008, 04:25 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

ervin21 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by gambatte View Post
Here's another link. The readme file should give you instructions on how to install the AKU 2 ROM. You should use an XP PC and AS4.5.
http://handsets.utstar.com/phone_dow...carrier=Alltel
I tried this but it gave me an error and said something about my phone not having the correct ROM. It doesn't have to be the stock Alltel rom just one that will work with Alltel and my phone. Thanks
Old 06-23-2008, 08:10 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

ervin21 is a n00b

any suggestions or ideas anyone? I need to figure this out by tonight or return it to the Ebay Seller. Thanks
Old 06-23-2008, 08:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

gambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Maybe it was an upgrade but thought it was the same as the one in this link. Try it:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ghlight=alltel

.exe files download to PC, execute on PC and use Activesync to transfer to phone.

See post #45:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...=alltel&page=5
.rar files need WinRAR.

There's the kitchens but that should not be done on spur of the moment. If you can return it to seller, I'd do that.

Last edited by gambatte; 06-23-2008 at 09:21 PM.
Old 06-23-2008, 10:56 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

ervin21 is a n00b

ugh I'm so frustrated and I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to return it to the seller... I have tried the kitchen rom and the first time I went down and selected certain things and it did not work on standard because of a country id error. I had everything set to alltel.... next i tried noid and this worked with no problems until i tried to activate the phone... still *228 did not work and ##000000 didn't do anything... could it possibly be something wrong with my hex/esn or anything? I would really like to be able to update the rom to the official Alltel rom but everything I have tried gives me a country id error 120....

Last edited by ervin21; 06-23-2008 at 11:40 PM.
Old 06-24-2008, 06:50 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC6700

opsguy is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ervin21 View Post
ugh I'm so frustrated and I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to return it to the seller... I have tried the kitchen rom and the first time I went down and selected certain things and it did not work on standard because of a country id error. I had everything set to alltel.... next i tried noid and this worked with no problems until i tried to activate the phone... still *228 did not work and ##000000 didn't do anything... could it possibly be something wrong with my hex/esn or anything? I would really like to be able to update the rom to the official Alltel rom but everything I have tried gives me a country id error 120....
I also purchased a new PPC6700 off ebay and here is what I found.

Try taking the battery cover off the phone and look at the inside of the cover for a sticker with a MSL/SPC Code. That is where I found mine. It had been changed from the default ##000000# to another code.

I entered ##newcode# and it worked. Then I was able to change a couple of settings there. Next from the phone pad screen I had to enter ##778# in order to change the SID and NID to make it work on my Alltel plan.

If you need any more specifics just let me know.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-24-2008, 10:30 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

ervin21 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by opsguy View Post
I also purchased a new PPC6700 off ebay and here is what I found.

Try taking the battery cover off the phone and look at the inside of the cover for a sticker with a MSL/SPC Code. That is where I found mine. It had been changed from the default ##000000# to another code.

I entered ##newcode# and it worked. Then I was able to change a couple of settings there. Next from the phone pad screen I had to enter ##778# in order to change the SID and NID to make it work on my Alltel plan.

If you need any more specifics just let me know.
Wow you are my hero!!! lol I just got it working and they told me to change the mvm msid and home sid.. but i only was able to find the msid and i changed that.. where can I change the others? also the msid isn't saving in the ##newnumber# but it is in the ##778#.... does anyone know where to find that? also... it says that I'm digital roaming? What exactly does that mean and is it going to charge me more?

Last edited by ervin21; 06-24-2008 at 10:43 AM.
Old 06-24-2008, 11:35 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC6700

opsguy is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ervin21 View Post
Wow you are my hero!!! lol I just got it working and they told me to change the mvm msid and home sid.. but i only was able to find the msid and i changed that.. where can I change the others? also the msid isn't saving in the ##newnumber# but it is in the ##778#.... does anyone know where to find that? also... it says that I'm digital roaming? What exactly does that mean and is it going to charge me more?
ervin21,

You have to set the SID and NID. To do that you enter ##778# and it takes you to the first screen. Then choose edit which will take you to a screen showing your settings. At the top left of the screen click the word "Display" to get a drop down menu. Choose "Home SID / NID". Now you are at the screen to change those values.

In the fist line on the screen is where you want to edit the values.
I am in Tampa Florida, so my SID is 42, and my NID is 65535. I got the info from Alltel Tech support and I don't know if these are the correct values for your area but you can call Alltel and they should be able to tell you.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache