PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2007, 10:52 PM
Lurker

raab is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Soft reset causes some Icons to go missing

I'm using Jeff Kirvin's Stock 3.5 AKU and whenever I do a soft reset any recently run programs that have been installed on my storage card lose their icons. It just comes up with the default white icon with blue top on it.. the programs still run.. If I uninstall and reinstall the program and run it the icon comes back.. any idea how to fix this?
Old 03-01-2007, 11:02 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

raab is a n00b
after a few soft resets they seem to have come back now.. weird
Old 03-02-2007, 09:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

computercarl is a n00b
it's a timing thing -- the icons are trying to be read before the device has acknowledged that there is a storage card and mounted it. So, when the OS tries to read the icon, it fails, and gives it the default icon. -- moral of the story, you either have to live with them being broken sometimes, knowing that its only the icon broken, or move them onto your phone and have the icon work, but lose the space that they take up.

Hope that helps.
Old 03-02-2007, 10:06 AM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I made a mortscript to reload TODAY after 20 seconds on soft-reset, it does the trick just fine. I can post it if anyone is interested.
Old 03-02-2007, 01:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TPduece
Carrier: sprint

sk8boardd is becoming a great contributor
I would like the script and instruction on how to use it
Old 03-02-2007, 05:57 PM
morsus mihi

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Ok I've attached all the goodies to this post except for MortScript. This script works with either version of MortScript (the release or the beta) so install mortscript in the internal store, and then...

Unzip the attached file
Copy the zzbootrefresh.lnk file into \Windows\Startup
Copy the bootrefresh.mscr into \Windows
Copy the .exe file into \Windows

That's it. Magical. After a soft reset, this will refresh the Today screen after a 25 second delay.
Attached Files
File Type: zip bootrefresh_261.zip (1.1 KB, 16 views) Click for barcode!
Old 03-03-2007, 04:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TPduece

sk8boardd is becoming a great contributor
cool thanks
Old 03-04-2007, 06:55 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

raab is a n00b
I thought it'd have something to do with reading the information from the storage card. Might give mortscript a try too, thanks heaps
Old 03-10-2007, 09:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: sprint 6800

boramiNYC is a n00b
I have the same problem

I have this problem as well after flashing Clean and simple 3.5 ROM for Sprint. I installed mortscript and copied the above files but it didn't solve the problem. The Today screen refreshes but it doesn't bring back the icons from the storage card.
Old 03-11-2007, 09:35 AM
morsus mihi

it's possible your sttorage card is very *very* slow, as the above script only gives it 25 seconds to load on boot. But really, that should be sufficent. Either that, or you've got some other issue.

Oh... and it helps if you don't touch the thing until after today reflashes (ie, reloads)

So soft boot, and don't touch it until it reloads.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache