PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2007, 09:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

imkk is keeping up the good workimkk is keeping up the good workimkk is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
F5 to refresh
Old 03-02-2007, 11:06 AM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
Re: What happened to the FTP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despiser
Hopefully it's just down on a temp basis but based on previous experience in these situations, where a self-confirmed group of quasi-bueracrats decide THEY want to do something for the "greater good" then shut off everyone else from the resource WE ALL end up paying a price in the form of greater restrictions and fewer choices. Hopefully Im wrong in this case and its just down for other reasons.
nall he was not blocked nor was he banned. The ftp is working fine. Despiser please be friendly we are not what you call "self-confirmed group of quasi-bueracrats". We do this out of our own will to make our devices better. It just happens to be posted publically. If you feel this way, Im sorry but your the only one seeming to have issues here.
~Mike

Old 03-02-2007, 02:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VZW TP2
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter

Despiser is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wideawake
Quote:
Hopefully it's just down on a temp basis but based on previous experience in these situations, where a self-confirmed group of quasi-bueracrats decide THEY want to do something for the "greater good" then shut off everyone else from the resource WE ALL end up paying a price in the form of greater restrictions and fewer choices. Hopefully Im wrong in this case and its just down for other reasons.
nall he was not blocked nor was he banned. The ftp is working fine. Despiser please be friendly we are not what you call "self-confirmed group of quasi-bueracrats". We do this out of our own will to make our devices better. It just happens to be posted publically. If you feel this way, Im sorry but your the only one seeming to have issues here.
~Mike
AS I said, I hope Im wrong, and I was. Was something un-friendly? Please explain?

I was merely pointing out my experience with "other" user oriented projects that begin life open to the public and soon after close. At no point did I insinuate anything towards you or anyone here. That said you can come to whatever conclusion you want, right or wrong. Life is too short too worry what anyone lese thinks.

Its amazing how this was all twisted around. But then again the internet is inhabited by.... (insert whatever you want here) An actual opportunity to put words in my mouth for me, LOL.
Old 03-02-2007, 02:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Titan
Carrier: Verizon

xmind2006 is a n00b

Quote:
AS I said, I hope Im wrong, and I was. Was something un-friendly?
Maybe not in your perspective because of your past experience, but I can definitely see and felt a little insulted that in your first post about your FTP problems you alluded that maybe this was deliberate to keep "the masses" out.

I can see posting a question if anyone else is having problems with the FTP first and then if no one responded or it was indeed taken offline, then I can see potentially see posting those allegations....but not on this site, especially after you get to know the people on here, you'd know it wasn't the case.

Not trying to "stir the pot".

The following should be in the new user registration (not directed towards Despiser, but in general):

Quote:
tact /tækt/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[takt] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation,
–noun
1. a keen sense of what to say or do to avoid giving offense; skill in dealing with difficult or delicate situations.
2. a keen sense of what is appropriate, tasteful, or aesthetically pleasing; taste; discrimination.
Old 03-02-2007, 03:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VZW TP2
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter

Despiser is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by signal34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima
Quote:
Originally Posted by signal34
Maybe the Admins just blocked Despiser..... :P
They've only got half the job done then, he's still able to post on the forum.
Even though you are making this personal I have the ability to contain myself and even go so far as to thank you for Phone Alarm.

Thats the difference between you and me. This is a social event for you its a job for me...
Old 03-02-2007, 07:39 PM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
.... Was something un-friendly? Please explain?
Please re-read your own comments below. Perhaps you didn't intend them as un-friendly, and perhaps you're one of those folks whose attitude comes across wrong in their written posts. But, YES, certainly negative, provocative, critical words here:

self-confirmed group of quasi-bueracrats decide THEY want to do something for the "greater good" then shut off everyone else from the resource WE ALL end up paying a price in the form of greater restrictions and fewer choices
Old 03-02-2007, 10:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

signal34 is keeping up the good worksignal34 is keeping up the good worksignal34 is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Thats the difference between you and me. This is a social event for you its a job for me...
It is social AND a job for me. I like dealing with the people here, as well as working to give what knowledge I can since I've learned so much here......I just have a good time doing both.

Quote:
Even though you are making this personal I have the ability to contain myself and even go so far as to thank you for Phone Alarm.
Not trying to be personal at all....just want everyone here to be personable. Unlike MANY other forums out there, this one hardly has any flames from one member to the other. Just one member doing his/her best to help another.

PS.. I'm glad phoneAlarm is working for you. One of the best programs out there, IMHO.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache