PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2007, 07:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

sfaure03 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rest assured.. Widdcomm stack will not be part of the 3.5 1.2 rc1. Which is being built this week.

Helmi_c's doing a lot of work on this stack, and I wouldn't be surprised if we get into debates and discussions regarding its use in a future release though, it looks more promissing on a number of fronts, and most of the issues are works in progress for registry and/or software fixes.

However, the purpose of the rom kitchen builds from ppcgeeks is to present the most stable, reliable version we can at a given point of time. The Widdcom stack is, at this time, far to "quirky" to make part of the kitchen release.

I would, however, encourage STRONGLY further testing and feedback by those who need a better stack for their usage. It is those testing, tweaks, and adaptations that grow our knowledgebase and enable us to take the steps to improve our little phone.

Of course, this may all become a mute point, if HTC releases upgraded drivers as part of their wm6 rollout. If we get that, the whole set of rules, desires etc change.
Old 03-28-2007, 02:47 AM
Lurker

SkierHiker is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I just installed and uninstalled the Widcomm stack (and registry settings) on my Sprint 6700 Kirwin 3.5 ROM and here are my 2 cents.

1. It does have better stereo quality.
2. I could not get headset and stereo working together.
3. The phone does not work with the headset under the stereo profile.
4. The headset pause/play button does not work.
5. The headset hangup button would disconnect the headset profile, not hangup the phone.
6. The headset play button would re-connect the headset profile.
7. The headset profile would automatically connect when the headset was turned on (very nice).
8. Normal uninstall did not uninstall. I had to install over the top, say yes to the uninstall message, and soft reset when asked to.

So I'm back to the MS stack. I liked the better stereo and the auto connect but I really needed the integration of the phone and headset buttons to work.

I'll keep tabs though hoping for a good implementation of the stack or (now I'm not holding my breath) for MS to fix theirs.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache