PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2008, 06:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV-6700,XV-6800, Iphone 3GS-32gig, 4S 64gig, 5
Carrier: Verizon - ATT

sdruid is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to sdruid Send a message via MSN to sdruid Send a message via Yahoo to sdruid Send a message via Skype™ to sdruid
Mobile live search in today screen not working....

The mobile live search that is located in the Today Screen is not working and gives an error message....
I had the same issue with "Video Sites" in the programs menu but fixed it by finding the ".htm" file and telling mobile windows what program to use to open it with.
Where is "Mobile live search" located and how do I tell it how to be opened ?

Thanks..
Old 05-07-2008, 09:36 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe
Re: Mobile live search in today screen not working....

I dont know how you are managing to get it on the today screen although I am sure you could create shortcuts and add it there with certain applications. However, you will find the app installed in your Programs.

So you can go to Start -> Programs and the shortcut will be there

Or if you want the program install directory path it is //Programs/Live Search
Old 05-07-2008, 10:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

gambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Need a little more info and I can probably help, having read just about every Live Search post known to man. OK, there are two Live Searches. One is the program Mobile Live Search as Weed is referring to. It is a mapping, traffic, gas price, place finding app. It opens by tapping on the icon. The other is the Live Search bar that is on the Today Screen for WM6. This is part of Mobile Windows Live that comes with WM6. Just type what you want to search for and tap the magnifying glass. Which is not working and what is the error generated?
Old 05-08-2008, 07:07 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

THX bc i dont do WM6 and try to stay away from it.
Old 05-08-2008, 10:12 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Send a message via AIM to sdruid Send a message via MSN to sdruid Send a message via Yahoo to sdruid Send a message via Skype™ to sdruid

Ok, the live search bar in the Today Screen where you type in your search item on the bar is the one that is not working...
I'm running WM6.0 I believe.....
It just saids it cannot be opened or is not signed with the right certificate...
which usually means the program used to open it is not available or is not pointing to it.... When set to the right program, the error will most likely go away....
Old 05-08-2008, 10:33 AM
Regular 'Geeker

gambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Oh, that's pretty easy. That just means that Microsoft's server has done some kind of update and you need to update your Live account. I can't remember if you just need to log on again or if you have to remove your account and remake it. You do have a Live/Hotmail account don't you? Let me look for the exact link.
Old 05-08-2008, 10:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Yes, I do have live/Hotmail account..... Does that mean I have to be logged in for the search to work ?
Old 05-08-2008, 11:00 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

The live search in "Windows Live" in the programs menu does not work either, give the same error message but "Windows Live" itself appears to work...
Old 05-08-2008, 11:22 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdruid View Post
Yes, I do have live/Hotmail account..... Does that mean I have to be logged in for the search to work ?
Have you set up the Live (Hotmail) account? Once you do it, it remembers you. If you never set up or don't use it for a while, the certificate problem happens when they update their servers. Then you can also do the email sync, Messenger, and contacts sync that is in the bar below.

Last edited by gambatte; 05-08-2008 at 07:54 PM.
Old 05-09-2008, 12:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia II
Carrier: Bell Mobility

sportster44 is just getting started

Funny. I'm getting the same error mentioned above (cannot be opened or is not signed with the right certificate) and am getting the same error when I tried the google search today screen plug in.

I don't think it has anything to do with being logged in.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache