PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2008, 11:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700 (cracked screen), TP(cracked screen)
Carrier: PPCGeeks ;D

Boritato is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Wanting to buy a PPC-6700

Ok, im new to this, so im looking to buy a ppc6700 from ebay and its already flashed to cricket. I currently dont have a cricket plan but as soon as i buy phone I plan to activate it on cricket, any comments, suggestions or tips?
anyone who u would refer me to buy the ppc from? a guy claims that the phone is unlocked but not flashed to cricket what does this mean?
Old 05-07-2008, 12:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Alltel PPC-6700, Blackberry 8830 WE
Carrier: Alltel (Because they RULE)

Psxmoe is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to Psxmoe
Re: Wanting to buy a PPC-6700

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boritato View Post
Ok, im new to this, so im looking to buy a ppc6700 from ebay and its already flashed to cricket. I currently dont have a cricket plan but as soon as i buy phone I plan to activate it on cricket, any comments, suggestions or tips?
anyone who u would refer me to buy the ppc from? a guy claims that the phone is unlocked but not flashed to cricket what does this mean?
My tip is, Dont waste your money with Cricket.

(Sprint, Verizon, T-Mobile and At&T SUCK!) Alltel RULES!!!!!
Old 05-07-2008, 07:36 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Stop it Psxmoe.

I actually just sold one of mine to a guy. Here is the listing for it. I actually ended it early because we made a deal for $175

I have another with the same setup but the spacebar on the KB doesnt work. KBs and parts phones are a dime a dozen on ebay. Ill sell you my last one with that same setup as in that listing for 140. Ive still got to order a battery for it so it will come with a new battery and chargers. LMK. Here is the listing for it.

Last edited by weedahoe; 05-07-2008 at 08:04 AM. Reason: added link
Old 05-07-2008, 03:41 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: 6700

macejsc is a n00b

No offence at all Weedahoe, but I got mine for 114 with shipping. I just spent about 2 weeks waiting to find a good deal. I got the phone, the cradle, two batteries, the wall charger, a USB cord, two stylus, and all the original CDs and even the original box.

If you take your time and slowly go about looking for a PPC 6700 on ebay, especially watching the ones closing within an hour and sneak in there you should be able to get one somewhat cheaply priced. I spent about 2 weeks going each day and I would bid a max of 115 and wait until the close, then when I either lost that one or what ever I'd move on to another. Eventually I got someone that replaced their PPC 6700 with a HTC Touch and they were just getting rid of it. It's a little scuffed up but works just great.

One thing I will recommend is after you get, even if you reflash to a newer ROM, check your master settings in ##778 and take out the previous user's number and put in your own. It kinda effects the data connection and some other things if you are going to use it for wireless internet. Didn't know that until I changed it all. BECAREFUL WITH THOSE SETTINGS THOUGH!! Changing some of the settings in the ##778 menu can make your phone a brick if your not careful, based on what I've read on other posts. Most of the previous numbers were in the Security, NAM Settings, and all the MIP Profiles.

They all had the previous user's original number in there so I had to change them all to my number and the data connections started working and they actually sped up some.

Last edited by macejsc; 05-07-2008 at 03:42 PM. Reason: extra info
Old 05-07-2008, 09:39 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by macejsc View Post
No offence at all Weedahoe, but I got mine for 114 with shipping. I just spent about 2 weeks waiting to find a good deal. I got the phone, the cradle, two batteries, the wall charger, a USB cord, two stylus, and all the original CDs and even the original box.
No offense at all, my first phone I got for about 100 bux after getting outbid for a long time on several devices so I know the feeling.
Old 05-07-2008, 10:44 PM
N00b

infamousfightwear is a n00b

and heres another no offense, i got mine for 120 and just bought my girlfriends for 86 both off ebay, its like they said take your time, but if your impatient like me go for whatevers there.
Old 05-07-2008, 10:57 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Carrier: Sprint

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

You'll want to post this in the Bargain Trader Forum located in the basement.

late,
Coz

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache