PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2006, 12:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

thrilsekr is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
MMS doesn't work

I did the H/S reset to remove Verizon's extra "goodies". Now my mms does not work. I unlocked the extended cab, and installed the apache_vzw_mms3.0.6.24_20060124.cab and getmmsctxmenuinfo.cab thinking this would allow me to get the mms. It still does not work. I have not tried sending... But my friend sent my a video. The xv says I have a new mms message but it won't download it. Or at least it appears not to. I can't find it anywhere.

Ideas?

Thrilsekr
Old 07-21-2006, 12:09 PM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max
Carrier: Sprint

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
so u do have the mms option in poutlook right?

Old 07-21-2006, 12:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

thrilsekr is a n00b
Yeah. I have one message in the MMS category. If I click on it, it just give details, and the download is greyed out. If I turn on my wifi I can try to download it through the menu. It says it is downloading, but I don't get anything. I naver had to use wifi to get mms before... But then again I am new to this phone, and have not gotten an mms until after the h/s reset. Old phones never had to use wifi (didn't have it).

Thrilsekr
Old 07-21-2006, 12:44 PM
Founder & Owner

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
sorry took so long, I out and about. have u checked ur mms settings?
Old 07-21-2006, 12:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

thrilsekr is a n00b
Good question. I don't know what they should be set to.

mms config...

-------Preferences

+ retrieve messages immediately
+ save sent messages
- Reject all messages
+ allow del report
- use signature with this acct

photo res
vga 640x480

-------Servers
Verizon Wireless

-------about
duh- info....

Thrilsekr
Old 07-21-2006, 01:27 PM
Founder & Owner

ok so if u can't edit the server info, do the hack in the real pic/vid hack thread to edit server. ur settins should look like this
server name
Verizon Wireless

gateway
leave bank

port

server address
http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms

connect via the internet

sending limit 350k

wap 2.0

check it an let me know.
sorry again I'm eating mexican.
Old 07-21-2006, 01:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

thrilsekr is a n00b
I tried sending a mms and I instantly get a "Message Delivery Failed, or Message Receipt Failed" notification.

Thrilsekr
Old 07-21-2006, 01:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

thrilsekr is a n00b
I will try that, and be able to give an update later today...

Hey, thanks for the quick replies. I never expect an instant reply. Or even a solution the same day.

I am just glad I found this rockin' forum...

Thrilsekr
Old 07-21-2006, 01:34 PM
Founder & Owner

check ur settings, or b.) start reinstalling those .cabs u didn't install after removing "junkware" . so may have skipped a necessary .cab for operation. the phone is functioning right?
Old 07-21-2006, 02:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

thrilsekr is a n00b
those 2 cabs I mentioned above are the only two I installed. Otherwise the phone works fine. I will try the hack and settings when I have more time...
Is there any other cabs I should have installed?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache