PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2008, 02:08 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe
Re: WiFi..Connected, But no access. Help! <<

Coming short of telling you to re-flash with a popular ROM to make sure it isnt OS software related, I would have to say IDK
Old 05-01-2008, 01:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

gambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Are you able to send email when you are connected? Just trying to find out if only the IE is affected. The Yahoo! 2.0 Go is not the greatest test because it doesn't work for some people on WIFI just like Live Search. BTW, the Yahoo! 2.0 is no longer in "beta" and can be downloaded. They are technically not browsers. Have you tried to delete cookies/history/etc. in IE?
There isn't much more you can do to IE in terms of settings. Maybe a Cricket person or forum would be a better resource. VZW worked right away.

You can also try Opera Mini (free):

http://www.operamini.com/download/pc...ovox_ppc-6700/

to see if it is your browser. Alot of people like the Opera (full version).

Last edited by gambatte; 05-01-2008 at 02:02 PM.
Old 05-01-2008, 01:50 PM
VIP Member

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Thats a very good idea Gambatte, you could also try IMs if you have any.
Old 05-01-2008, 08:12 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Nexus 5x
Carrier: Republic Wireless

jabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jabu Send a message via MSN to jabu Send a message via Yahoo to jabu Send a message via Skype™ to jabu

Do a hard reset and wipe out any tweaks the previous owner might have done.
Need your Apache OEM ROM? Get it here!
========================================
Old 05-02-2008, 07:56 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabu View Post
Do a hard reset and wipe out any tweaks the previous owner might have done.
Damn! Why didnt we think of that?? (Sarcasm)

The point is to try to save the device without hard resetting and losing everything although there are many different ways to save the personal info. However, hard resetting was suggested many posts earlier. Nice thought though.

We have pretty much covered everything there is to cover I think, including your hard reset. Its time to sit back and wait for some feedback from the OP to see what they have done and if any of it has worked.
Old 05-02-2008, 10:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

gambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Hey, Zero. I think I have your answer. At least it worked for me. I was having trouble with Live Search and it is now working. Go to Start>Settings>Connections tab>Wireless LAN>Power Mode tab>set to Best Performance. See attached thread:

http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsM...4154&SiteID=65
Old 06-28-2008, 01:52 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC PRO (HERMAN)
Carrier: cricKet

jcaf77 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to jcaf77 Send a message via MSN to jcaf77

Im having this problem too, the only way i can fix the wifi is going to connections and unchecking the option for proxy, so basically using no proxies. so I have to go back and forth when Im using cricket web access add the proxy settings and when using wifi I have to delete it, I wish there was a workaround (i have wm 6)
Old 06-28-2008, 11:03 PM
VIP Member

be sure to start your own thread for your own issues. Some people get upset when you tread on others threads. And most people do not use proxies so it would be normal that you uncheck proxies and then be able to surf. If you are having the use of proxies checked and not geting anywhere then you do not have your proxies set up correctly.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache