PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2008, 11:50 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6700
Carrier: Verizon

ohmytoe is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
What's included in the kitchen?

Noob here. I'm trying to upload the apache kitchen to pxv6700 on verizon. I see I can pick lots of programs, what is included in the basic kitchen? Bluetooth,calender,calculator? Or do I have to pick all the programs? Do I have to do a bare bones install and add programs later? Also I've install programs for keyboard and launchers and they work once and then don't pull up a second tiime - installed them on sd card - do those have to be installed on phone itself instead? Please help.
Old 04-19-2008, 04:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible

gambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: What's included in the kitchen?

Well, to get the terminology right, you aren't uploading the kitchen to the 6700. In the kitchen, you will be cooking your ROM, which will upload to the device and replace the ROM you currently have. This is your Windows Mobile version and carrier specific info to get your phone to work on their network.

So when you tell the kitchen your carrier, alot of things will be predetermined but you can customize to some extent. My advice is be as bare-boned as you can. The ROM can only be so big and it will tell you when you have gone over and it will make you remove stuff. I think it like your hard drive, e.g. you wouldn't run that at 100% full either, would you? You can recook and reflash as many times you want. I'd say anything that didn't run right on the SD card should be on the device.
Old 04-19-2008, 05:25 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ohmytoe is a n00b

Sorry cooking the rom, is the Bluetooth,calender,calculator, etc in the kitchen automatically or if I don't pick it it won't be there? I ask because I see Bluetooth items in the menu.

Also which version do I cook? I see 1 - 2.5 in the same toolbar as service carrier.
Old 04-19-2008, 06:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible

gambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Which kitchen are you using? Have you done the required reading and know exactly what you are doing? The kitchens usually come with tutorials that are easy to follow. I believe that version you are referring to is not the kitchen version but the bootloader version, which can be 1.02, 1.04, 2.02, 2.04. You can get the bootloader version of your phone by pressing power, record, and reset simultaneously:
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o...derpicture.jpg

Use that there. Very important.

It is really too hard to go step by step through the flashing process so you need to do the reading on your own.

Most of the stuff you really need, including BT A2DP and HID, are already checked. If you hover over the item, it will give you a brief description. If it is a plugin, add-on, or a skin, obviously they are not required. You will get all of the components asociated with WM OS automatically.

Last edited by gambatte; 04-19-2008 at 06:59 PM.
Old 04-19-2008, 11:04 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ohmytoe is a n00b

Yes I've read everything, probably too much. I try to get the bootloader version but nothing happens, the screen stays black.
Old 04-20-2008, 09:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

tcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Its not black, the backlight is just off. Put it under a light and look closely, the bootloader version is there.
Old 04-20-2008, 10:34 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ohmytoe is a n00b

Got it thank you!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache