PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2008, 09:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC ARRIVE
Carrier: sprint

dthames is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Soft reset/hard reset problem

I just got a refurbished 6700 from sprint today as a replacement for my old one under the sprint insurance. One problem though, there isnt a soft reset button. So I cant soft or hard reset my phone. I wanted to use the kitchen to install 6.1 and try and practice getting the right settings that I like. But at the end of doing the kitchen it requires a hard reset, so my concern or question is; is taking the battery out the phone good enough or does it still need to be hard reset?
Old 04-14-2008, 09:34 PM
The Pusher Man
Pocket PC: BB
Carrier: Sprint - Simply Everything

Lsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Soft reset/hard reset problem

To soft reset your phone put the stylus in the little hole on the bottom left I think (not looking at it).
To hard reset your phone hold down the two (.) buttons and at the same time put your stylus in the little hole the same as a soft reset.
I cant see how it would be different from your last one.

Last edited by Lsme420; 04-14-2008 at 09:37 PM.
Old 04-14-2008, 09:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Thanks for the reply, but I know how to do both. The problem is that the phone was missing the soft reset button so I had to take it back up to sprint to get them to order me another one. While I was waiting on the new one I wanted to try and configure 6.1 to my liking but wasnt sure if taking the battery out of the back would be effiecient enough.
Old 04-14-2008, 09:50 PM
The Pusher Man
Pocket PC: BB
Carrier: Sprint - Simply Everything

Lsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Wow thats crazy missing the button...
Old 04-14-2008, 10:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I know tell me about it.
Old 04-15-2008, 09:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

anyone have any ideas?
Old 04-15-2008, 12:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dthames View Post
anyone have any ideas?
Anyone have any ideas about what? You said you took it back to have it replaced. Did I miss something or do you have another issue other than the soft reset buttom missing?
Old 04-15-2008, 12:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I wanted to know if i uploaded a custom rom using the kitchen when it requires you to hard reset, would pulling the battery out be sufficient enough or is a hard reset the only way.
Old 04-15-2008, 01:09 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100

pulling the battery is only disconnecting the power supply, which essentially causes a reset. Its NOT going to cause your phone to revert to factory settings..

With wm2003, this would work, but wm5 and 6 have persistant storage, so the memory will stay exactly how it was written before the battery was pulled(short of what was in ram b4 u pulled the battery), and unless a hard reset is done or some other type of mishap, like ESD or something along those lines happens, it will stay in memory indefinately.

ALL HAIL SUCCESS100!!! lol!
Old 04-15-2008, 01:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Success100 View Post
pulling the battery is only disconnecting the power supply, which essentially causes a reset. Its NOT going to cause your phone to revert to factory settings..

With wm2003, this would work, but wm5 and 6 have persistant storage, so the memory will stay exactly how it was written before the battery was pulled(short of what was in ram b4 u pulled the battery), and unless a hard reset is done or some other type of mishap, like ESD or something along those lines happens, it will stay in memory indefinately.

Thank you, this was the answer i was looking for.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache