PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2008, 10:38 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: xv6700
Carrier: cnn

lengfengfly is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How to change the alarm sound?

Dear everyone, how can change the boring alarm sound in xv6700 without reflash the ROM?
Thank you so much for reply.
Old 04-02-2008, 11:57 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe
Re: How to change the alarm sound?

If you look carefully in your Window directory on your 6700 you will see the alarms there. so basically take a .wav file and place it in that directory and you will have those in the drop-downs where you go to change the alarm tones.
Old 04-03-2008, 08:32 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2/TouchPro2
Carrier: T-Mo

reeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuff

the actual settings for it is under personal settings tab. Under sounds and notifications.
Old 04-05-2008, 10:13 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

lengfengfly is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedahoe View Post
If you look carefully in your Window directory on your 6700 you will see the alarms there. so basically take a .wav file and place it in that directory and you will have those in the drop-downs where you go to change the alarm tones.
I just saw the file, but it cannot be modified. Cos it's in the ROM!
Old 04-05-2008, 10:15 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

lengfengfly is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeg420 View Post
the actual settings for it is under personal settings tab. Under sounds and notifications.
Only the Recieving MSG and some other items listed. Default alarm sound is not there, so, cannot be changed.
Old 04-05-2008, 11:27 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

you change the tones that are in the rom but rather add different ones andthen change what tones u want the phone to sound for the alarm. do u need a vid to help?
Old 04-06-2008, 09:04 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

lengfengfly is a n00b

Thanks! I'm flashing Wm6.1 now, but the default alarm is still what dislike. I remember some one ever changed it to vista sound in no-junk ROM, it sounds nice! And now I want to modify the ROM with the kitchen, but I cannot find the sound file. Is it in Apache_Helmi_WM6.1.rar. I've some difficulty in expressing with English, pardon me please. Thanks again!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache