PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2008, 09:41 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6700

waynefreddyp is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
6700 upgrade

trying to upgrade to window mobile 6.0 but everytime I press the record+power+reset it takes me into serial mode could someone please help me
Old 03-27-2008, 10:18 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe
Re: 6700 upgrade

Thats exactly where you want to be. Its called BootLoaded mode and you need to be there to prepare to write the ROM to the phone. One you are in BL mode you will have "serial" on the screen when NOT connected via USB to the PC and when you do connect the USB it will change to "USB". Once it is connected and your screen reads USB then you start to load your ROM by clicking the file on the PC and follow the screens.
Old 03-27-2008, 10:43 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6700
Threadstarter

waynefreddyp is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedahoe View Post
Thats exactly where you want to be. Its called BootLoaded mode and you need to be there to prepare to write the ROM to the phone. One you are in BL mode you will have "serial" on the screen when NOT connected via USB to the PC and when you do connect the USB it will change to "USB". Once it is connected and your screen reads USB then you start to load your ROM by clicking the file on the PC and follow the screens.
so where do i get the file from
Old 03-27-2008, 11:59 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

What file? You say you are trying to upgrade already and are trying to go through the BL process so I assume you have the ROM(s) you need already. If not you need to slow your roll and read to see what you are actually getting into and quit jumping around before your get stuck in BL mode and then have more Qs. Go read the stickys and arm yourself with education before attempting this.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache