PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Apache (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Colonel's Custom 3.3 Rom (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=2096)

colonel 02-10-2007 04:48 PM

You might want to allow all of the verizon cabs to install and see if that fixes it. Also, I hate to say it, but you may want to start another thread with this question as stuff in this thread get buried very quickly. First, though, install the full Verizon ExtRom and see if that works.

kdoweb 02-10-2007 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by colonel
kdoweb, now try it with just the radio.nbf or all three again.

I tried with all 3 nbf using stock ruu and it fail "freeze at 0% for 5 min then error 114. I will try with just radio_.nbf now

aamon17 02-10-2007 04:53 PM

Quote:

You might want to allow all of the verizon cabs to install and see if that fixes it. Also, I hate to say it, but you may want to start another thread with this question as stuff in this thread get buried very quickly. First, though, install the full Verizon ExtRom and see if that works.

Thanks Colonel! I forgot to post that I DID try allowing the VZ customization - Still no luck. I hard reset a couple times & started fresh. ... nothin!

I'll try starting another thread as well.

luv2chill 02-10-2007 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kdoweb
Quote:

I tried with all 3 nbf using stock ruu and it fail "freeze at 0% for 5 min then error 114. I will try with just radio_.nbf now

Hmmm... have you tried the Alltel radio ROM along with the maupgradenoid app with none of the other .nbf files in there?

sixftunda 02-10-2007 05:13 PM

I never go by the bars when it comes to reception. Each 6700 works just as good as the other but neither shows the same amount of bars at the same time. I am testing simply by making phone calls which I normally make throughout my work day. I average 900-1100 minutes per month of talk time. The phone with 3.3 requires two to three tries to get the call to go through and then audio problems when I do get through.

I did not realize there was a way to check the actual RX power. Since I have two 6700's I will flash one with 2.2 and one with 3.3 tonight and do some testing. If someone here has a specific method to do this please post it. I wont do this til later tonight when I have time.

kdoweb 02-10-2007 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv2chill
Quote:

Originally Posted by kdoweb
Quote:

Hmmm... have you tried the Alltel radio ROM along with the maupgradenoid app with none of the other .nbf files in there?

yes I have and it gave error about the incorrect country code.

colonel 02-10-2007 05:17 PM

Usually you can ignore the country code and try again.

kdoweb 02-10-2007 05:30 PM

Quote:

Usually you can ignore the country code and try again.

after error only option is exit

colonel 02-10-2007 05:43 PM

Run it again and again. This happens every once in a while with upgrades, but running the upgrade again usually works.

luv2chill 02-10-2007 05:51 PM

kdoweb it's strange that you would get country code errors with the noid version of the app.

If you have the time, try downloading all of the other apache rom packages, extract the radio rom from each one, and try flashing the radio with the noid app.