PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2008, 07:56 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc
Carrier: sprint

shelby5041 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
how to stop mobile websites from loading such as yahoo google msn on pocket pc

hi i have a pocket pc phone and when i go to many sites such as google yahoo or msn they all go to the mobile version site

do you know if there is a way to get back the normal desktop version sites on a pocket pc phone using windows 5 or 6?
Old 03-06-2008, 07:58 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

eehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: how to stop mobile websites from loading such as yahoo google msn on pocket pc

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby5041 View Post
hi i have a pocket pc phone and when i go to many sites such as google yahoo or msn they all go to the mobile version site

do you know if there is a way to get back the normal desktop version sites on a pocket pc phone using windows 5 or 6?
Depending on which web browser you are using there should be a setting to change what the browser sends to the web server as the browser. If you are using IE you may need to do a registery edit.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:10 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

shelby5041 is a n00b
Re: how to stop mobile websites from loading such as yahoo google msn on pocket pc

can anyone give me the procedure im using pocket ie on ppc6700

whenever i go to yahoo msn or google and many other sites it takes me to the mobile version site

i want to go to the full desktop version like on your home computer

i have made no changes to anything on my phone settings are all original

thanks
Old 03-06-2008, 08:13 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

what browser do you use on your phone? Pocket Internet Explorer, Opera???? each browser has different procedures to change this setting....

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 03-06-2008, 08:40 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

shelby5041 is a n00b

i have pocket ie

i did what the other guy said and it didnt work at all

still goes to mobile yahoo google and msn

i hate mobile sites

please help me
Old 03-06-2008, 08:55 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EPIC

Unknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIP

Here is a hack to make Pocket IE a full IE6, try it out and see if it helps.

This will let your pocket internet explorer look like a normal desktop Internet Explorer 6.0
This can help you access sites that require a certain internet explorer version.
1) Open a registry editor
2) Go to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Internet Settings\User Agent\
3) Change the default value to "Mozilla/4.0".
4) Change the "Version" value to "MSIE 6.0".
5) Change the "Platform" value to "Windows NT 5.0".
6) Soft-reset.
Old 03-06-2008, 10:41 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

shelby5041 is a n00b

doesnt work sorry already tried that
Old 03-06-2008, 11:25 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EPIC

Unknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIP

I did some google and here is a link (freeware) that is suppose to change the appearance, try that.

http://thinkabdul.com/2007/04/24/tog...firefoxie6ie7/
Old 03-07-2008, 08:23 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

He is correct that the reg edits for those havent worked in some time, it is in the coding of the page and how the browser reports its platform. I havent found any way around it. Sry. I use Opera and PIE BTW and sometimes Piscal. Although I cannot remember if Piscal does it also or not. I cannot remember so manybe someone else can confirm for us as I am at work right now and cannot check.
Old 03-07-2008, 12:16 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

shelby5041 is a n00b

will this work for ppc6700 phone???

in response to:

I did some google and here is a link (freeware) that is suppose to change the appearance, try that.

http://thinkabdul.com/2007/04/24/tog...firefoxie6ie7/

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache