PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2007, 10:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Titan
Carrier: Verizon

xmind2006 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
AKU 3.3 + Widcomm BT Stack?

Although AKU 3.3 has built in A2DP support, I was still not happy with it's sound quality. So I installed the Widcomm stack that I had installed earlier when I was running AKU 2.2. However, no matter how many resets or what not, the Widcomm BT always says "The Bluetooth Radio failed to turn ON due to insufficient driver memory available. You must perform a normal reset before you can turn ON the Bluetooth radio."

I received this message before in AKU 2.2 and with a normal stylus-induced reset, it worked fine. However in AKU 3.3 it doesn't seem to make a difference.

So I'm curious if anyone else has gotten the Widcomm stack to work or not?

BTW, I have the vx6700 and have done the registry changes for our phones to work with the Widcomm stack.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 01-23-2007, 02:45 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone4
Carrier: AT&T

Certs is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Did you try the registry hacks for a2dp optimization on the MS stack first? It made a world of difference on my 8525.
Old 01-23-2007, 03:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Jady is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by patmannyc
Did you try the registry hacks for a2dp optimization on the MS stack first? It made a world of difference on my 8525.
What are these hacks of which you speak????????
Old 01-23-2007, 11:13 AM
Retired Staff

Certs is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on rep
DAMN! I knew that was coming, hold on

Here ya go:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ighlight=yikes

Sorry, just being lazy. These are the only values I was concerned with, and I suggest the same:

/HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Bluetooth/A2DP/Settings
UseJointStereo=0
BitPool=58
MaxSupportedBitPool=80
Remove all other values from this key including SampleRate
Old 01-23-2007, 11:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Jady is a n00b
Cool thanks, I wonder, does the cab file will work on an apache?
Old 01-23-2007, 01:02 PM
Lurker

jedimyndtryx is a n00b
I'm not seeing these entries in my reg. When i first set up my headset, the sound played extremely well, but when i connected them again, it started skipping like before (I have the MS Stack).
Old 01-23-2007, 01:41 PM
Retired Staff

Hmm...

Maybe 3.3 has different settings.

I will look into it further, but I'm surprised they're not there. Are all the folders there?
Old 01-23-2007, 01:44 PM
Lurker

jedimyndtryx is a n00b
Only folder under the A2DP entry for me is Devices. The A2DP entry itself is blank. I have even installed the cab mentioned in the xda thread.
Old 01-23-2007, 01:48 PM
Retired Staff

NO, no cab. Just the reg edits.

Forget it, I will ask around
Old 01-23-2007, 02:19 PM
Retired Staff

Anyone care to upload their 3.3 registry here so I can look at it?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache