PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2007, 12:59 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Well, foo... it works for me (USB internet sharing, that is)

This is on an XP laptop, that already had the USB modem drivers installed. However, it should not need them. What it might need on the 6700 itself is the following registry entries:

http://www.pocketpcfaq.com/faqs/acti...x-firewall.htm

Code:
Registry Sub Key: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\USB\FunctionDrivers\RNDIS]
Name of the Value to add: MTU Type : DWORD Data: 1514 (Value is Decimal)

Registry Sub Key: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\USB\FunctionDrivers\RNDIS]
Name of Value to add: MaxOutTransfer Type: DWORD Data: 1642 (Value is Decimal)
put those in, soft reset, and give it a try... worked for me!
Old 02-21-2007, 03:17 PM
Lurker

inbox7 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Sorry, I'm new to Internet sharing. I have XP. So you connect the phone via Usb then configure the Internet sharing to dial 777? Is WModem still needed?
Old 02-21-2007, 03:47 PM
morsus mihi

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Nope... you do no config on XP.

Don't plug the usb cable in...

Launch Internet Sharing on the phone.

Select USB and whatever your EVDO network connection is, and tap connect.

*Then* plug your phone into your laptop (XP at least) and it should show a new network connection in the system tray of the laptop, and you're good to go. No dial, no nothing. You should not need to do any mojo with activesync either. If you don't disable USB activesync it may try to connect and will fail, but the internet connection should be up.

I just ran a speed test on mine, it shows:
400/50 - I've gotten better, @ work signal is poor
Old 02-21-2007, 04:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

ChrisFix is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by schettj
Nope... you do no config on XP.

Don't plug the usb cable in...

Launch Internet Sharing on the phone.

Select USB and whatever your EVDO network connection is, and tap connect.

*Then* plug your phone into your laptop (XP at least) and it should show a new network connection in the system tray of the laptop, and you're good to go. No dial, no nothing. You should not need to do any mojo with activesync either. If you don't disable USB activesync it may try to connect and will fail, but the internet connection should be up.

I just ran a speed test on mine, it shows:
400/50 - I've gotten better, @ work signal is poor
I'm using Colonel's 3.3, and just tried Internet Sharing as you described - works like a charm - seems less fussy then wmodem as well.

At my home office with 1-2 bars EVDO seeing 879/92 using my ISPs (TWC-RR) speed test. Thanks for the tip!
Old 02-22-2007, 11:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: VZW

johnny2678 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to johnny2678
Woohoo.... Internet Sharing beats the pants off of wmodem. Finally I can monitor usage with SPB GPRS monitor on my phone rather than counting bytes on my laptop.

Now to get BT PAN working... I have incorporated all of the registry settings here with no luck.

For you guys that have tried this, how did you get the .reg file imported? I tried importing using Resco Registry and Kilmist Registry; both reported that the import was successful but upon restarting and checking the registry, the new entries are not there.

I had to enter the new reg keys manually to get everything into my registry
Old 02-23-2007, 10:58 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: ATT

cwwny is a n00b
The MS BT stack does not have PAN that is why we are failing connection via BT PAN connection.

I tried the following and actually got my laptop and 6700 to be on the same network and pinging each other. The problem is Internet Sharing app is default to look for MS BT. Can someone try this and figure out a solution?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...73003&posted=1

On Page 8 install the BBS_Hermes first but backup everything before installing because it is going to replace MS BT with Widcomm BT stack.

File Type: zip SD_PCM_Routing.zip (1.6 KB, 409 views)
File Type: zip BBS_HERMES_03.zip (3.18 MB, 4773 views)

Widcomm stack provides PAN and also awesome A2DP.
Old 02-23-2007, 11:37 AM
Lurker

Eclectic is a n00b
Broadcom BT stack

This is a more recent thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=291639

Broadcom bought Widcomm in 2005. With no registry changes, I'm having trouble getting activesync and PAN to work, but BT DUN with a Toshiba stack on my laptop seems to work fine, baud rates up to almost 1 mb/s.

Seems there are com port conflicts at 4 and 5, my ppc6700 seemed happy using com 0 and 6 with the MS stack. Maybe someone less a n00b at this than me can meke it work?

running: helmi_Apache_kitchen_3.5_ImCoKeMaN_R3.exe on Alltel PPC6700
Old 02-23-2007, 12:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVo
Carrier: Sprint

subprime is keeping up the good worksubprime is keeping up the good work
There is a program out there called PDANet that will allow you to do this. It uses the activesync connection to allow the laptop/pc to get out on the net using the ppc connection. It also has an option to use bluetooth dun but I didn't try that. It took me a little while to get activesync over bluetooth working, but once I did this program worked great. I think their is a 7 day trial period so if you want aku 3.3/3.5 but can't live without the bluetooth dun/pan give it a shot.
Old 02-23-2007, 05:59 PM
morsus mihi

Ok, spent some time digging today.

The OS package in the rom kitchen is missing the BT PAN service. It's also missing the BT DUN service.

It would seem possible to get one or the other of those *back* into the kitchen, if they were ever in a working kitchen and/or rom.

I didn't download all the kitchens off xda, but if anyone did, we're looking for the OS package with a rgu (ie, registry) file containing either of these keys:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Bluetooth\Se rvices\00001116-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb]
@="PAN"

and /or

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Bluetooth\Se rvices\00001103-0000-1000-8000-00805F9B34FB]
@="Dialup Networking"

The @= may not be PAN above, but the ServiceID is right - we're looking for one with an actual "xxx.dll"=dword:000000 line following the serviceId string.

If anyone can find such a beast, let me know, as I think that there's the problem with both DUN and PAN, and we should be able to drop the missing stuff into the OS and build it

Edit: A Registry DUMP from a 3.5 machine (or 3.3 for that matter) with working PAN will do. That will identify the PAN dll, and we could possibly just copy it off that machine and roll it in.

Also, if anyone has AKU 2.x installed, can they check the above key in their ROM and let me know what the Dialup Networking says? Bonus points for getting the dll out of \Windows and sending it to me via PM
Old 02-23-2007, 06:20 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Harrier, HTC Apache, HTC Titan, HTC Vogue....
Carrier: Sprint

colonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuff
Did anyone ever confirm that PAN worked with the leaked WM6 Wizard rom?

If you have been helped by me or would like to support developers like Olipro, helmi_c, and others please feel free to Donate

ALWAYS FLASH BACK TO YOUR CARRIER'S OFFICIAL ROM BEFORE TAKING YOUR PHONE IN FOR SERVICE OF ANY KIND

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache