PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2008, 10:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizon

Tazilla is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Stock xv6700

I have a Stock Verizon xv6700 and for some reason when I'm at work at my desk my phone is constantly connecting then immediately disconnecting from the Verizon. Two bars, no bars, two bars, no bars over and over all day long. Anyone else experience this problem?
Old 02-29-2008, 12:17 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2/TouchPro2
Carrier: T-Mo

reeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuff
Re: Stock xv6700

thats weird..

try and update you radio...make sure you get the one for verizon(not sprint).

I believe verizon is 1.43.
here
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ing+your+radio

if you are going to upgrade backup all your data first..also copy any serial codes you have for software because you probably will have to hard reset and you will lose everything.

You could also try and upgrade your PRL..More info on that here
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ht=verizon+PRL
Old 02-29-2008, 08:15 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Are you just in a bad location with structual or electrical interference or is this happening where ever and everywhere you go?
Old 02-29-2008, 10:17 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV-6700,XV-6800, Iphone 3GS-32gig, 4S 64gig, 5
Carrier: Verizon - ATT

sdruid is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to sdruid Send a message via MSN to sdruid Send a message via Yahoo to sdruid Send a message via Skype™ to sdruid

I tried the forum that you posted for the radio and it is a bad link....
Are there any instructions for upgrading the radio and how do I tell which version of the radio I have currently....?
Old 02-29-2008, 02:02 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

You can go to Start -> Settings -> System -> Device Info -> Radio Version or you can reboot your device and when rebooting look for the letters in RED and see what are the numbers next to R.

But again, are you losing and picking up signal everywhere you go or just at your desk at work?
Old 02-29-2008, 09:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Tazilla is a n00b

It has the 1.43 radio. I took it into Verizon and they said they thought it was the radio so they sent me a new one. The new one does the same thing so it must be something with the area. It doesn't do that anywhere else that I've noticed anyway. Thanks for all the feedback.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache