PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2008, 10:01 PM
Lurker

dgrooman is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
personilzed message tones

Is there any way, like with a hack or with an app, to be able to set pesonalized ringers for text messages? I know the Razor and Q can do it, so the capability is out there, I just need to find it. Thanks in advance for any helpful info
Old 02-29-2008, 01:56 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Telecom NZ

blakamin is a n00b
Re: personilzed message tones

nevermind... just realized you want one for each contact, yes?

Last edited by blakamin; 02-29-2008 at 01:58 AM. Reason: Got my head wrong
Old 02-29-2008, 08:22 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Yes, you can set individualized ringers for each contact or add new tones for SMS/MMS/VM/calls/missed calls/ECT.

There are plenty of threads on this.
Old 02-29-2008, 08:59 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC PPC6800
Carrier: Alltel

skny is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedahoe View Post
Yes, you can set individualized ringers for each contact or add new tones for SMS/MMS/VM/calls/missed calls/ECT.

There are plenty of threads on this.
I don't know that that is true. Yes, setting RING tones for contacts is pretty easy - but whether or not you can set TEXT tones for contacts is another story. I don't believe you can. I think you can change the text tone across the board - and it will apply to ALL contacts.
Old 02-29-2008, 09:45 AM
VIP Member

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Im sry. let me rephrase and clarify bc Skny is correct. You can individualized tones for each contact. You can add or change tones for VM/SMS/SMS/ECT but they will not be individualized for each contact but rather for ALL VM/SMS/SMS/ECT that comes in on the device, basically what Skny has said.
Old 03-02-2008, 02:49 AM
edin3000gt

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

thats what i have been looking for and still no luck. I would also like to put custom ring tones for reminders. Anyone know if they have to be in a *.wav format to work with the registry edits available for it...
Old 03-03-2008, 10:33 AM
VIP Member

You casn make or add pre-made tones for anything on the phone. It could be ringers, alarms, txt, SMS, email notifications, missed calls, voice mail, ECT.

Ringers go in /Windows/Rings and can be .mp3

Everything else that I can think of go in /Windows and can be .wav

I personally have custom tones for my ringers, different ones for my Missed calls and VM, I have different ones for my TXT and alarms. But you can only set different ringtones for each caller in your addy book. Nothing else can be personalized per individual caller.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache