PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2007, 12:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Stingray is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Reset PPC-6700 back to factory settings?

Hi Guys,
I just bought a PPC-6700 for Sprint. Since I just got it... Im really excited about it and in that excitement, I will probably install 1000 programs on it just to try them out..... at some point in time i will want to uninstall all the unnecessary programs and just keep the ones I really want...
In this regard, I have 2 questions......
1. Is there a way in PPC-6700, where I can reset the entire Phone/OS to the original factory state? where i wouldn't have to worry about uninstalling anything or cleaning the registry?
2. Will this reset clean up the registry (Including the manual tweaks that I am planing on doing in the first go) and make it just like it was out of the phone box?

I really don't mind re-installing the programs I need from scratch (Including contacts)... Quite honestly I would much rather do that, than having some extra program taking up the processor.

Thanks guys...
Old 01-20-2007, 01:04 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
You have to hard reset your phone ..

Hold the two soft keys and then hit the reset button on the left bottom of your device ..

If you dont backup your settings then you will lose everything in the registry

-Tony

I <3 Android
Old 01-21-2007, 07:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm 700wx
Carrier: Sprint

BakCompat is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
doing a hard reset will restore your rom to factory defaults and then run all the software in the ExtRom to customize it for your particular carrier. Since you just got it, it probably already has the current official Sprint rom that came out in November, but you might want to check to be on the safe side. The location for the official rom hosted on UTStarcom's site is http://www.utstar.com/pcd/downloads/...0_WWE_Ship.exe

Running that will restore your rom to the current officla build. Beyond that, you might want to check out runnind Wideawake's custome AKU 2.2beta2 rom and see if you like it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache