PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2008, 01:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint PPC 6700

Mdipresreyes is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Smile WM6 with Vista OS

Does any one have "dummy proof" instructions on how to get WM6 on my Sprint PPC 6700? I don't understand most of the slang and technical terms on this site, so can any help out please with instructions for dummies such as myself?

It would also help if there was a link to download the software too...
Old 02-28-2008, 02:20 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Telecom NZ

blakamin is a n00b
Re: WM6 with Vista OS

have you tried the search buttons or the stickys?

I think you'd find it easier with XP than vista tho... especially if you don't understand the technical terms.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:13 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

And it is my opinion that you start out flashing with WM5 first if you are new and some people have technical issues with WM6 such as their version of BootLoader, white screens, cant boot past splash screens, ECT. WM5 has none of those issues. Start small, learn and absorb knowledge and THEN move forward with a different OS platform. But that is my opinion. The process of doing the flash itself it very simply and as said before, it is all in the stickies and really cannot get more simple than what is in there.
Old 02-28-2008, 10:38 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

No, that's incorrect. WM5 has all of those issues, worse.

Vista is a pain because MDC was broken originally and UAC is aggravating. MDC has been updated, so if you're current in your Windows Updates, you should be less likely to run into any MDC problems.

To upgrade to WM6, you have 2 choices, not very different from each other: use the kitchen, or use a pre-made ROM (Rob Mayer's is the only choice there). If you go the kitchen route, don't try and pack everything including the sink into your ROM - start small, then add. The WM6 kitchen is more difficult to unpack than Rob's ROM, but GA Medic has a great tutorial thread on how to do it in the WM6 Upgrades forum.

You'll need to know your bootloader version for either method.
Old 02-29-2008, 08:10 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Thats strange because Ive never had any issues with WM5 but suffered so many issued from WM6 that I went back to WM5 and stayed there. But I do understand that what may affect one device may not affect another.
Old 02-29-2008, 03:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint PPC 6700
Threadstarter

Mdipresreyes is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
No, that's incorrect. WM5 has all of those issues, worse.

Vista is a pain because MDC was broken originally and UAC is aggravating. MDC has been updated, so if you're current in your Windows Updates, you should be less likely to run into any MDC problems.

To upgrade to WM6, you have 2 choices, not very different from each other: use the kitchen, or use a pre-made ROM (Rob Mayer's is the only choice there). If you go the kitchen route, don't try and pack everything including the sink into your ROM - start small, then add. The WM6 kitchen is more difficult to unpack than Rob's ROM, but GA Medic has a great tutorial thread on how to do it in the WM6 Upgrades forum.

You'll need to know your bootloader version for either method.
Thank you for the assistance! (ALL OF YOU WHO REPLIED). I am waiting on some help from Rob Mayer; he is sending me a CD with detailed instructions and all the applications to install.

Thanks for everyones opinion! I will go and look at GA Medic's tutorial...
Old 02-29-2008, 03:58 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedahoe View Post
Thats strange because Ive never had any issues with WM5 but suffered so many issued from WM6 that I went back to WM5 and stayed there. But I do understand that what may affect one device may not affect another.
The issues you cited are common to the ROM format, not the version of OS. There may be other issues you ran accross that are OS related. As a general statement, ROMs produced by the WM6 kitchen are superior to their equivalent from a WM5 kitchen.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache