PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2007, 06:27 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g
Carrier: Sprint

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
Pocket Office on WM5

I was just looking at a nice ad featuring the Cingular 8525 using WM5. They had pics of that device using a nice looking Pocket Outlook, Word and Excel. I've used both Word and Excel on my 6700, but my OEM contact manager/calendar looks nothing like this miniature Outlook. It looked almost as good as my Outlook2003 on my PC!
I'd love to not have to rely on 3rd party software for my contacts.
Is there some way to get this version of Outlook for our device?
Old 01-16-2007, 06:51 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Must be false advertising, that puppy is a plain old windows mobile 5 device.
Old 01-16-2007, 07:43 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Harrier, HTC Apache, HTC Titan, HTC Vogue....

colonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuff
Can you post a pic of the ad? That would allow poeple to compare what you are seeing to things they have seen.
Old 01-17-2007, 02:36 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Alwaysbelieve1 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Alwaysbelieve1 Send a message via Yahoo to Alwaysbelieve1
Why do you have to use 3rd party software to organize your contacts? What are you doing with your contacts, etc. that you need this software?

I use the Poutlook and it works great- especially alongside my SPB Diary on the today screen.
Old 01-17-2007, 11:00 AM
The Source of Power
Threadstarter

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
I'm posting a copy of the ad. I think that when I was looking at it before, I didn't look very carefully. I can see now that it's just a day view of my calendar without any of the other views that I have additionally with Pocket informant.

As for why I use PI2007 instead of the OEM software- I find that I prefer the flexibility and options over the OEM contacts. I use PocketBreeze to see it on my Today screen and find that handy as well.
Old 01-17-2007, 02:18 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Alwaysbelieve1 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Alwaysbelieve1 Send a message via Yahoo to Alwaysbelieve1
The first one is definitely the same, but the bottom one seems a bit different. Maybe it's me, but it doesn't look like Poutlook.
Old 01-17-2007, 04:43 PM
The Source of Power
Threadstarter

The first one is what I thought was POutlook- I can't find anything called Outlook on my PPC. I can find Excel & Word. There is a rudimentary contacts/calendar/tasks program, but I wouldn't compare it to Outlook.

The second image is a screenshot of the Agenda view using PocketInformant2007. This is a type of view that isn't availble using the OEM calendar and one that I prefer. One of the many advantages of using this particular 3rd party software that I believe should be included in the OEM software.
Old 01-17-2007, 05:48 PM
morsus mihi

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
That's standard calendar functionality for windows Mobile (the top one, that is)
Calender, view, Day View.

Looks just like mine, only more busy.
Old 01-17-2007, 10:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

rlith is just getting started
Yes, top pic is standard calendar view...

As to no outlook on PPC, all PPC's have it. It's called MESSENGING. Messenging IS pocket outlook
Old 01-18-2007, 12:31 PM
morsus mihi

Or put another way,
messaging+calendar+tasks+notes == outlook. At least according to ActiveSync

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache