PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2008, 10:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

mlevin77 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
how does XV6700 compare to BlackBerry Curve?

I love my XV6700 but the problems in synchronizing to my Exchange server (it hangs on calendar now) are driving me nuts and there's no solution in sight. I'm considering switching to the BlackBerry Curve because my IT dept says it's more solid and stable (with respect to OS, performance, and PIM synchronization). As near as I can tell, it has the same hardware features (plus a true GPS). Am I wrong? Does the XV6700 do anything the BlackBerry Curve doesn't? What about available software? Any comparison thoughts would be appreciated.

Mike
Old 01-31-2008, 01:09 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Yea my co-worker has the curve.
If it doesn't have a true GPS, but he tells me other versions do.
He has software issues with using it as a modem.
Sometimes it does not connect and he has to pull out the battery.
T-mobile told him theres no fix now and to wait for an update.
The screen is smaller but brighter.
There is no direct activesynce conection, he uses blackberry manager to sync.
I played with it a lot ad it"s "nice".
The best feature it has goin is that "lighted track-ball" in place of a D-pad, something that the "sidekick" also has.
Bottom line is I wouldn't trade my 6700 for it if it was the last phone on Earth.
You are better off cooking roms untill you get one working.
The latest Kitchens are fully automated and run as smooth as silk!.. and I am on Vista
Old 01-31-2008, 05:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

mlevin77 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post
Bottom line is I wouldn't trade my 6700 for it if it was the last phone on Earth.
You are better off cooking roms untill you get one working.
The latest Kitchens are fully automated and run as smooth as silk!.. and I am on Vista
Thanks Maxx! I am not savvy enough to mess around with the Kitchens and such. I did flash to a new ROM (phoenx06's) but I don't think I've got the wherewithal right now to figure out how to cook a new one. My only real problem is that Activesync (over-the-air) hangs when synchronizing calendar with an Exchange server. It's killing me and I have no idea how to fix it (I know there's something in my calendar entries that bothers it, but it doesn't happen on other devices). Is there any way to update/replace ActiveSync on this thing or debug what its problem is (it gets half-way done, and then the green progress wheel just spins uselessly for hours)?
Old 01-31-2008, 06:58 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
try decrease amount of time synced to minimum (2weeks) in calendar sync mode.
Do a search with keywords activesync & server as I remember others having that prob in past.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache