PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2007, 06:26 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2! Touch Pro, Touch, Mogul, 6700
Carrier: Sprint

ImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Won't go back to the today screen

If this has been asked before feel free to send me a virtual smack, but i sure couldn't figure out any useful search terms for it. So anyway...I occasionally have a problem where my phone isn't happy about something and it will not return to the today screen. Is this a common thing? So far the only cure i've found is a soft reset (i guess a hard reset could work too =P ) It seems random when it happens sometimes after a call it won't go back even when closing etc. But everything else seems to work. I can open up other programs, the menu bar works, but it will never return to the today screen. I do have magicbutton installed, but that is about the only common thing i can think of that might be part of the problem. Ideas?!....
Old 01-05-2007, 06:52 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Sonin66 is becoming a great contributor
if it never happend before magicbutton, then it probably is M.B. i hated what mb did to my phone so i just uninstalled it. it might be some other programs also, but it probably is just magicbutton
Old 01-05-2007, 07:46 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone4
Carrier: AT&T

Certs is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Have you tried double-clicking the START button real fast? It's usually the OK function that has the issue, not really the today screen.
Old 01-05-2007, 08:11 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone 6+

JackSchitt28 is keeping up the good workJackSchitt28 is keeping up the good work
how many items do you have on the today screen? i have SPB and sometimes it laggs going to that part of the today screen.
Old 01-05-2007, 08:26 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

ImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
I only have the default items on the today screen no plug-ins at all. As for removing magic button what similarly featured program should i use instead? Is there really one that will make sure this never happens? I'm not quite sure what double tap the start real fast means. I can click start and try to open the today screen (icon is there) but nothing happens when i do. This isn't happening right now as i just do a soft reset when it does happen. Although once again i'm getting the stupid active sync problems.....grrrr. Ok enough hijacking of my own thread.
Old 01-05-2007, 08:32 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone 6+

JackSchitt28 is keeping up the good workJackSchitt28 is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImCoKeMaN
I only have the default items on the today screen no plug-ins at all. As for removing magic button what similarly featured program should i use instead? Is there really one that will make sure this never happens? I'm not quite sure what double tap the start real fast means. I can click start and try to open the today screen (icon is there) but nothing happens when i do. This isn't happening right now as i just do a soft reset when it does happen. Although once again i'm getting the stupid active sync problems.....grrrr. Ok enough hijacking of my own thread.
look at what i just wrote in this same thread about activesync issues and see if that works for you. as far as the today screen issues, i think it is that program you have installed.
Old 01-05-2007, 08:40 PM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
magic button is a great app imho...and haven't ever had one issue out of it myself.

Old 01-11-2007, 11:31 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Well it happened again. this time it was when i was setting up ringers (i just created a MacGyver theme one and uploaded to the ringers section) and i tried the double tapping the start menu fast, but that didn't work either. Is anyone else seeing this type of thing happen? Now the last thing that is open after hitting all the "x"s is the missed call list. I can still use the phone so i'll refrain from soft resetting it for a while incase someone has a suggestion now that it's happening again.

Thanks in advance!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache