PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2008, 04:58 PM
Lurker

ROGERRABBIT is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Upgrade To Windows Mobile 6

Hello Everyone!

I'am new to this forum and feel pretty stupid about asking any questions with all you smart people. Anyway I have downloaded Rob Mayer version of the Mobile 6 but have no clue nor due I understand the directions on the download process?

I have a Sprint PPC 6700 with Windows Mobile 5. There is a gentlemen on E-bay that offers his service for a fee on how to install Mobile 6. I rather not pay him for a product that I can get for free here with all of you.

If anyone would like to help a stupid American please let me know.

Chase
Old 01-21-2008, 05:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Droid Eris
Carrier: Verizon

Spencer_Moore is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSpencer_Moore is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSpencer_Moore is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Spencer_Moore
where is that person hes selling other peoples work which is completely wrong...he should not be getting away with that and i would lvoe to help if u tell me how far u got in the process so i kno where to start

welcome to ppcgeeks btw
Old 01-21-2008, 05:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Apache
Carrier: Verizon

ReD-DaWg-OnE is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to ReD-DaWg-OnE Send a message via MSN to ReD-DaWg-OnE Send a message via Yahoo to ReD-DaWg-OnE
not to mention unlisenced microsoft software, aka other peoples work.
Old 01-21-2008, 05:19 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

pdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuff
I'm not sure what the Rob Mayer WM6 is like, most of us here use Helmi_c's WM6 kitchen. Anyways there's a nice step by step guide located here:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=14818
that explains how to update to WM6.
Old 01-21-2008, 06:32 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ROGERRABBIT is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdx77 View Post
I'm not sure what the Rob Mayer WM6 is like, most of us here use Helmi_c's WM6 kitchen. Anyways there's a nice step by step guide located here:
PDX,
Thank you for the info I will start there. I really never thought about that guy selling our people's hard work! I will start working on getting the update and thank you to responding to my thread. If I have any questions I hope you guy's don't mind me asking?
Old 01-21-2008, 09:00 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ROGERRABBIT is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdx77 View Post
Does anyone know when you download the oem.rar and the kitchen can you put these folders on your desktop or some certain folder? Also is do I need to exctract the folders after downloading? And what does this means: Place your oem file in the root folder where you stored your kitchen? I appreciate any help!
Old 01-22-2008, 01:10 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
What instructions are you reading? (we need to correct them if it's Ga. Medics tutorial thread)

After you download the kitchen, no matter where you downloaded it to, it should extract itself to c:\buildos (by default)

You do not unpack the PPCgeeks_OEM.rar. You place it in the same folder the kitchen was extracted (installed) to (c:\buildos, by default)

If you're using Rob's ROM, you're on your own - few if any of us have even downloaded it.
Old 01-22-2008, 09:42 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ROGERRABBIT is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
What instructions are you reading? (we need to correct them if it's Ga. Medics tutorial thread)

After you download the kitchen, no matter where you downloaded it to, it should extract itself to c:\buildos (by default)

You do not unpack the PPCgeeks_OEM.rar. You place it in the same folder the kitchen was extracted (installed) to (c:\buildos, by default)

If you're using Rob's ROM, you're on your own - few if any of us have even downloaded it.
Gguruusa,

I did not realize that when you download the kitchen file it extract's by default. I appreciate you explaining that to me and will be giving it a try. I will let you know how it goes.

I very thnakful for this forum and will be donating!

P.S. I going word by word on Ga. Medics tutorial thread. So please let me know if the thread is incorrect because I rather not mess anything up on my phone.
Old 01-22-2008, 01:27 PM
Ditch Doctor
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
The tutorial should be up to date and correct. If you find soething confusing or that appears to be incorrect please post with some details and I can modify it to be less confusing.

Feel free to if choose to do so.
My ROM for Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, US Cellular and Cricket 20931 Base!!

The THANKS button is over there------------------------------------------------>
Old 01-23-2008, 01:13 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ROGERRABBIT is a n00b
I keep trying to open the OEM Package and my computer won't open it? I wondering if anyone know's of a OEM Pckage that might be zip that I can extract?

I was able to open the kitchen file with no problem. Can anyone recommend a program that will open the OEM file?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache