PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2008, 04:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6700
Carrier: alltel

missourihoney is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy help please sprint ppc 6700 I am using on alltel

i have a htc apache sprint ppc 6700 that I am sucessfully using on alltel, i used the kitchen rom builder ..only problem i have now is my battery is draining much faster and the operator server name keeps coming back in the registry.. i dont just want to make it disappear, i want to remove whatever settings are replacing it everytime there is a soft reset.. is there still software accessing the sprint tower and thats why it keeps putting it back? is that why the battery is draining? OR is it just a setting somewhere that keeps putting the name back in there.. ? and is there a setting using up the battery? I have the correct prl in the phone... everything else is working great.. even the mms.... when I call *228 to update it says it can't. what on the phone is preventing it???
Old 01-09-2008, 07:07 AM
Lurker
Carrier: Thats what I am here for not Sprint anymore

EdDix is a n00b
Hi I would love to have alltel on my Sprint 6700! I have installed the kitchen and WM6 (Thanks so much to these hard working programmers) but have not been successful in changing the phones carrier. All I have a need for is a simple track phone like ability where I can add minutes to the phone as needed and alltel appears to have plans that would basically do this. Would you mind explaining the process in a noobie friendly way for me? I have an out of town gig this weekend and would love to take the phone with me.

Thanks
Old 01-10-2008, 12:29 AM
Lurker
Carrier: alltel
Threadstarter

missourihoney is a n00b
i just called alltel gave then the esn hex to activate .. but *228 would not update so go in and try to manual set up... be sure on the rom you select codes program..because alltel will tell u to put in a code..to do manul .. the tower file, the .prl current one is online just do search for alltel prl file then copy it to your phone.. find the prl code in your code list and click on edit.,make sure you have the msl password its unique to the phone from sprint.. they shud give it to u at sprint they have to by law.. its based on the esn hex, good luck!

Last edited by missourihoney; 01-10-2008 at 01:01 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache