PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2006, 09:07 AM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max
Carrier: Sprint

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
Custom AKU2.2 Beta 1.0 Testers NEEDED!

So I worked hard last night "burning the midnight oil" as one of my teachers use to say. I currently need Beta testers to help with testing. Below you will find the Beta link, BUT it is locked and you WILL need a password from me to extract and install. The reason Im doing this is, I dont want a Beta out there floating around when I should have a finally build soon. All I need is some people who are willing to hard reset! And install apps they were running like before, NO BACKUPS, only fresh installs. This way if there are issues we can track them down and I can try and figure them out. If you feel that you wanna be a beta tester and are up for it, then please PM me for the rar password. Below are so things done (mostly behind the scenes ) And if you get try this please report ANY issues to this thread. I also have been running it now for a few hours with no issues as of yet. :P
Thanks,
Mike

Note: .NET CF 2.0 was removed because of issues, once fixed the download will be updated.

Features:
- A2DP built-in!
- HTC X Task Manager. (go to start/settings/system to enable)
- ApacheHax NO longer needed, registry pre-tweaked.
- Maximum number of connections tweak.
- No more dinging when volume is changed in call.
- Ligthen by removing un-needed files. (Saves about .5MB)
- UPX'd a few system files. (Saves about 5MB)
- Went from Telecom to Alltel base OS, so bootscreen now says Alltel.
(Looks better imho :P )

Known Issues:
- Video mail gives a unknown file format error.
- Today Screen Plugins dont always load after soft reset.

Download:
Beta Testers No Longer Needed

Old 12-18-2006, 06:33 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

saqer is keeping up the good worksaqer is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
that was the first attempt at putting it in a while back...there have been renewed attempts since then...check this out:

http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/ppc-6...ks-6700-a.html
Old 12-19-2006, 06:58 AM
Founder & Owner
Threadstarter

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Beta has been released, it DOES NOT contain .NET CF 2.0 right now, but Im working on it, and another beta will be released soon to fix this and maybe any bugs/errors found.
Thanks,
Mike

PS if you didnt recieve and PM either u didnt PM me or I skipped over ur name by mistake. Then wait shouldnt be too too long. :P
Old 12-19-2006, 08:21 AM
Founder & Owner
Threadstarter

schjetta pm sent, and anyone else who really wants to test it PM me don't post requests.
~Mike
Old 12-19-2006, 09:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6800

rukshmani is a n00b
Coutry Error

I tried but get the error

"Error 20: Country ID Error 33-33-SQEV4-57-N-N"
Old 12-19-2006, 09:46 AM
Lurker

dmrasm01 is a n00b
you have to have the 6700 in bootloader mode (hold down power button, notes button, then soft reset)
Old 12-19-2006, 10:34 AM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wideawake
schjetta pm sent, and anyone else who really wants to test it PM me don't post requests.
~Mike
Cool! Will get in installed in a couple hours and post back.
Edit: just thought of a new feature request - if the extended rom does still have a lot of dead space in it, it might be handy to have it unlocked (maybe still hidden, but unlocked - ie, read-writeable)
Old 12-19-2006, 01:19 PM
morsus mihi

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Pre-install inventory

Registry hacks - lots of em - sigh
Installed Apps:
(Card)
SP TimeSync
MS Live Search
Piscal Browser
Map24 Mobile
Vicsoft UI Tweaker
TCPMP
Total Commander
PHM Reg Editor
ADB WeatherPlus
CapScrUtil

(internal)
Jimmy's GreenBatteryFix
O2Plus LastCall
Iaccarino's Mobile Task Manager
Mort's MortScript
ISH InClose Mobile
Scott Seligman Selgman's Launcher
AM Tasks+ Today Plugin

Backup (copy)
pim.vol
Launcher (folder)
Favorites (folder)
My Documents\Sounds (ringtones)
theme

Sync to Outlook
Note settings for WiFi, Email (have 2 IMAP email accounts set up)

Disable USB sync in AS on desktop

Pre upgrade soft-reset
Internal Store: 39.59/24.90 free
Memory: 49.20/30.96 free
Phone Device info:

** Ready for install, begin install **
* put ppc in bootloader (hold down power button, notes button, then soft reset)
* launch updater
* follow on-screen directions, update proceeds for 2 minutes or so
* get congrats screen
* cold boot ppc, see alltel screen (Yay!)

** Post upgrade
During boot - Notification Error cannot start tmail
Sprint Stuff runs & installs away (including all junkware it seems)
* soft reset (same tmail notification error)

Internal Store: 39.59/18.37 free
Memory: 49.20/33.57 free
Phone Device info:

Check phone call - ok
Check data use - ok

Odd! All internal memory NOT wiped, contacts still there, apps still there

installed junkware, retained all installed apps & contacts, but seems to have wiped registry so re-install of apps needed

latest PRL also retained

does seem to be aku 2.2 at least

Feedback
* wipe memory before install?
* Get rid of the junkware!
* fix the "Notification Error cannot start tmail" error (or that could just be me?)

* Installer worked fine, phone works fine post-update. Now to re-install everything, check my reg hacks, and run with it for a while
Old 12-19-2006, 02:07 PM
morsus mihi

Followup

- must re-select usb serial mode for activesync
- re-installed apps, that got rid of the "Notification Error cannot start tmail" error on reboots
- getting 'shell error' when tapping close with inclose installed, maybe a conflict there
- shell error seems to have gone away with more re-installs
Old 12-19-2006, 02:24 PM
X Communicated User
Pocket PC: IPHONE 4

pzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on rep
shettj
as mike stated please install custom rom after a hard reset. so errors can be found with fresh install.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache