PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2006, 12:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: n900
Carrier: tmobile

konceptz is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Outlook Public Calendar Sync Problems

It seem completely rediculous that Microsoft would create a program like Outlook, then WindowsMobile and not let you choose which directories you want to sync from!

I have been trying to get my 6700 to sync with a Public Calendar via an Exchange server for about a week now.

I have used a program called P2P and Add2outlook, both which cost a ton of money.

Does anyone know of a workaround or fix for this "bug"?

I will do some digging, and check and see if a simple registry change would let me change which online calendar directory to sync to, but I am not very familiar with microsoft exchange servers.
Old 12-14-2006, 08:58 PM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max
Carrier: Sprint

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
I can't say I understand you problem fully....

Old 12-15-2006, 02:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Raphael

allanak is just getting started
Send a message via ICQ to allanak Send a message via AIM to allanak Send a message via MSN to allanak Send a message via Yahoo to allanak
Sounds like he can't get his PPC to sync with a public calendar instead of his personal one.

SERO 1250 + unlimited text, TEP and free Airave <$55/mo
Old 12-15-2006, 04:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: n900
Carrier: tmobile
Threadstarter

konceptz is a n00b
I use a Public/Shared Calendar at work, one that I have full editor access to.

Activesync does not allow me to sync with this calendar. It will only let me sync to my private calendar. The most obvious fix would be for Outlook to Sync my private calendar to a public one, although there is no native way to do this. The next fix would be for Activesync to let me choose a path to my calendar, which can not be done.

This is a problem with outlook, and with activesync.

There are some fixes available at cost, for a public to private calendar autoupdate, but cost asside, they don't work very well.

After some research, I found that no one seems to be able to do this. Although I would imagine it should be very easy to fix, even easier for Microsoft to put something in Outlook.

This topic is not only important for PPC6700 people, but for anyone with a PDA!
Old 12-15-2006, 05:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700

ski15freak is a n00b
It is ridiculous, I have been trying to do the same thing (or similar)

The biggest asset I was looking forward to about my ppc 6700 was viewing a shared, updated (wirelessly synced) calendar from anywhere, but it is definitely not able to do it out of the box

I am going to try pocket mirror this weekend, but i can't tell if it will sync remotely or just at my computer, and if that is so that is where i am stuck

If someone is aware of any better solutions please post

Thanks!
Old 01-04-2007, 09:45 PM
Lurker

ski15freak is a n00b
as I was afraid of, pocket mirror doesn't seem to be the software for me. when it works, instead of locking up my whole activesync, it does seem able to sync mutiple calendars and contact lists, just don't confuse it or you end up with duplicates. it doesn't help me much cause I need multiple calendars and exchange meeting scheduling away from the office

is the root of the problem in activesync? that is what it seems to me, there doesn't seem to be support for any additional folders (storage card) or calendars. although it could be a limitation in poutlook too, although many email folders can be handled. hmm...

still searching
Old 01-04-2007, 11:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

rlith is just getting started
Active sync of any flavor does not sync public folder in exchange 5.5/2000/2003. For that you need a 3rd party plug in.

The most reliable one is Intellisync's Handheld available at www.sync.com

It allows syncing of both personal and public folders at the same time. They can combine on your handheld yet remain seperate at the desktop lvl. The only caveat is that it doesn't work wirelessly. You have to dock for the public folders. Very reliable program.

We have a client that we deployed a crapload of xv6700's to to replace a crapload of blackberries. (Blackberries have a version of the intellisync sw that come with them to sync the public folders)

At this client, email, tasks, files, etc are all synced wirelessly, but for their 2 public calendars and public contact list, those are updated when they dock at the office. Again, very reliable and they stay seperate at the desktop level.
Old 01-09-2007, 03:25 PM
Lurker

ski15freak is a n00b
Exchange Active Sync

Intellisync looks good, just trying to justify costs since i already bought pocketmirror and it seems to be similar, just less stable possibly...does intellisync use categories for each additional folder?

I may also be at the mercy of spb programs that are helping lock up my ppc

anyone know much about exchange 2007 and the exchange active sync that they are advertising, will it do multiple calendars or multiple contacts? maybe i can use a trial somewhere

otherwise i might see about using Add2Exchange, seems to accomplish what i need, but with a major budget upgrade

Thanks!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache