PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2007, 08:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint 6700

haritn is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Call forwarding costs a fortune

Guys I have a PPC-6700 Sprint and got another phone from my office. Now it would be nice if I don't have to carry around both phones but still can receive calls made to both numbers. One of easier options is to just enable call forwarding on, say, home phone so all calls go to my work cell phone. BUT it costs 20 cents a minutes on sprint which, to me, is expensive.
Now I was thinking - and this may sound completely crazy, is there any application on PPC 6700 that will initiate a three way call automatically to my work phone every time someone called in to PPC? At least it sounds possible in theory so I though I will just throw it out there and see what everyone had to say !!.
Old 12-13-2007, 09:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo Pro
Carrier: T Mobile

cykococo is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to cykococo
Quote:
Originally Posted by haritn View Post
Guys I have a PPC-6700 Sprint and got another phone from my office. Now it would be nice if I don't have to carry around both phones but still can receive calls made to both numbers. One of easier options is to just enable call forwarding on, say, home phone so all calls go to my work cell phone. BUT it costs 20 cents a minutes on sprint which, to me, is expensive.
Now I was thinking - and this may sound completely crazy, is there any application on PPC 6700 that will initiate a three way call automatically to my work phone every time someone called in to PPC? At least it sounds possible in theory so I though I will just throw it out there and see what everyone had to say !!.
My rate plan is free incoming plan and when I forward calls, I do not have the charge per minute and since all of it is incoming, it doesn't count towards my minutes either,...

As far as a program, I have not seen one, maybe a registry edit?

Old 12-13-2007, 09:37 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

haritn is a n00b
I see, what kind of plan you have?
Old 12-13-2007, 09:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

zenak is a n00b
You might want to look into Grand Central (www.grandcentral.com) - if you need an invite PM me your email. Basically it is a virtual phone number that you can add as many phones as you want to. You can screen calls, set personalized voice mails, personalized call routing, etc. I've been rolling it out slowly, and so far am very happy with it.
Old 12-13-2007, 10:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: sprint

TonyDiv is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by cykococo View Post
My rate plan is free incoming plan and when I forward calls, I do not have the charge per minute and since all of it is incoming, it doesn't count towards my minutes either,...

As far as a program, I have not seen one, maybe a registry edit?

I've never heard of this way around the call forwarding charge. Are you sure that you're not getting charged?
Old 12-14-2007, 10:52 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Perasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIP
If you're forwarding from home to your cell, then there shouldn't be a charge. There is a charge if you forward your cell phone to a landline.

Projects: (PeraStats 1.7) (PeraCount with Clock 1.3) (PeraCount 1.3) (PeraProfiler 1.2) (S2U2Lock 1.1)
Old 12-14-2007, 06:57 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

haritn is a n00b
I am forwarding from a Cell to another Cell. Problem with grand central is that you can't transfer your existing phone numbers. Does any one know if API handles are available for this kind of setup?
Old 12-15-2007, 02:07 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

jdpoole5785 is a n00b
trick is...switch to alltel...forwarding just costs air time and if your company phone is a different carrier then set it up as mycircle...wammy. Second option, dual nam...not sure if apache can handle it but check into the idea. If so and you do have two carriers your one esn should be capable of two MDN #'s

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache