PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2007, 03:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6700

sshrum is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
6700/Vista keeps disconnecting USB connection after ~5 seconds...

I connect my PPC-6700 to either my home PC or my laptop both running Vista and the device shows up (in control panel and in windows explorer as HTC Apache) but within about 5 secs, disconnects.

I am running the Helmi WM6 Sprint rom

Any ideas?

Last edited by sshrum; 12-12-2007 at 04:01 PM.
Old 12-12-2007, 04:48 PM
N00b

bmx045 is a n00b
connect the PPC to the computer, let the mobile device center popup, then run windows update while connected.
1gb MiniSD
Old 12-12-2007, 04:59 PM
DaGreatOne
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (white)!
Carrier: Sprint

shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207
My Mogul does the samething repeatly. I tried the suggestion above and it worked for a little while. I think bugs in WMDC and WM6 are casusing the problem.

Old 12-13-2007, 06:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6700
Threadstarter

sshrum is a n00b
I downgraded the ROM back to the WM5 Sprint official ROM and connection is staying solid. Odd. My last PPC-6700 had the same Helmi WM6 ROM and was able to connect just fine. Will try another WM6 ROM and see if the problem repeats.
Old 12-14-2007, 11:54 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe
I had that issue with my 6700 running WM5 on Vista Ultimate. I finally uninstalled WDMC and rebooted, reinstalled and it sync and kept its sync from then on. I havent had an issue since but if I do I know what I will do again.
Old 12-14-2007, 01:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 5
Carrier: Sprint SERO-Premium

ETphoneHOME is becoming a great contributor
My mogul is doing this also, but with about 15 mins. I have the Vista Home Premium. My phone has the same ROM is came with when I bought it 5 months ago.
Old 12-14-2007, 03:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

cheeb is a n00b
i'm not sure which version of windows you have...but i was having alot of issues with vista and either disconnected sync or no sync at alll.....

for vista..make sure on the 6700..u go to start---settings---conections---usb to pc...make sure the box is UNCHECKED...

after that...you will have NO PROBLEMS with syncing at all....that should clear that issue
Old 12-14-2007, 07:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 5
Carrier: Sprint SERO-Premium

ETphoneHOME is becoming a great contributor
I have windows mobile 6, the box is unchecked. I am able to use it for about 15 mins, then it says "The remote party has ended this connection"
Old 06-06-2008, 02:19 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Nexus 5x
Carrier: Republic Wireless

jabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jabu Send a message via MSN to jabu Send a message via Yahoo to jabu Send a message via Skype™ to jabu
Re: 6700/Vista keeps disconnecting USB connection after ~5 seconds...

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedahoe View Post
I had that issue with my 6700 running WM5 on Vista Ultimate. I finally uninstalled WDMC and rebooted, reinstalled and it sync and kept its sync from then on. I havent had an issue since but if I do I know what I will do again.
I did this and it fixed my Vista sync issues. I had installed MDC6 when Vista was launched, then updated to 6.1. I'm thinking that 6.0 kept some crap files that were causing the problem. So after I removed MDC and rebooted, I went straight to MDC6.1 and it works flawlessly now! Thanks, weedahoe!
Need your Apache OEM ROM? Get it here!
========================================

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache