PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2008, 12:14 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2/TouchPro2
Carrier: T-Mo

reeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Im trying to figure out why the ext rom is not loading. After a hard reset.

Im running a rom from helmi's wm6 kitchen. Maybe he has it not load the ext rom by default.

Anyhelp would be appreciated. Im trying to figure this out soon so that I can recook a new rom and not have to mess with my phone for at least a week...(right?...)
Old 01-24-2008, 01:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizon

TMB_XV6700 is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by reeg420 View Post
Im trying to figure out why the ext rom is not loading. After a hard reset.

Im running a rom from helmi's wm6 kitchen. Maybe he has it not load the ext rom by default.

Anyhelp would be appreciated. Im trying to figure this out soon so that I can recook a new rom and not have to mess with my phone for at least a week...(right?...)
You're right. Auto-running of the extended rom is disabled by default in the kitchen, since all the useful carrier customizations from the ER are already cooked in by the kitchen. [It seems to me the only reason you would want to re-enable it would be if you were running some custom cab installs - but anything that could be done that way would be just-as-easily cooked into the rom using the OEMizer.] Keeping the extended rom out of the hard-reset process definitely has benefits with the kitchen - you no longer have to worry about whether to allow or interrupt the carrier customizations depending on which rom you are running.
Old 01-24-2008, 03:33 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2/TouchPro2
Carrier: T-Mo

reeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuff
Thats exactly what I was thinking. That it disabled the ext rom from running in the kitchen. I only wanted to use it so that I didnt have to reinstall all programs that I used if I hard reset.

So with the oemizer I see an autocustomizations. Do I just drop all files that I made for my extRom (AutoRun, Config, all cabs, and the wallpaper) right in there and it will make an oem package. That will install all of my cabs. Also does it have the same specs as doing it with ext rom(i.e. no cabs that require user input)

Is that right?
Old 01-24-2008, 10:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizon

TMB_XV6700 is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by reeg420 View Post
Thats exactly what I was thinking. That it disabled the ext rom from running in the kitchen. I only wanted to use it so that I didnt have to reinstall all programs that I used if I hard reset.

So with the oemizer I see an autocustomizations. Do I just drop all files that I made for my extRom (AutoRun, Config, all cabs, and the wallpaper) right in there and it will make an oem package. That will install all of my cabs. Also does it have the same specs as doing it with ext rom(i.e. no cabs that require user input)

Is that right?
Sorry, I don't know enough about the OEMizer to answer properly - you probably need to read up on that.
Old 11-26-2008, 11:21 PM
BlackBerry Hater
Pocket PC: All Cdma HTC's
Carrier: $0 VZW Emp Demo

Getitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: How To: Customize your extended rom!

Cant seem to find the thread on here not how to customize your ext rom but to how create a flashable ms.nbf once you have it set. Any links?
Old 03-28-2011, 02:32 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: hw6515
Carrier: mobistar

charlesfocant is a n00b
Re: How To: Customize your extended rom!

Hi,

I bought a Cingular hw6515a from the USA (I live in Belgium) and this PPC seems full of bugs (when the sound volume icon is tapped, the ppc seems to freeze), the SIM card is not recognized and I think it may be locked for a specific operator and worst of all, I think that there are items that load from the extended rom, probably operator specific, that prevent me from being able to use my belgian operator (Mobistar) sim card.
I would like to unhide and unlock the Extended Rom so I could check what's in the config.txt and maybe try to remove unwanted stuff.
Unfortunately the tool in the fisrt post does not seem to work on my hw6515.
Could someone help me with that?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Last edited by charlesfocant; 03-28-2011 at 02:34 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache