PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2007, 04:42 PM
N00b

waspie is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
won't hard or soft reset or go into bootloader

i went to flash a second phone and the computer put mine into bootloader so i unplugged it and finished the second phone. mine wouldnt exit bootloader so i loaded up the 1.43 radio upgrade and let that run on mine and now after that my phone won't come on. it won't soft reset but when i press the two soft keys (without pressing the reset button) the hard reset screen comes up and if i press Y followed by space the screen goes away and nothing else happens. i can repeat this "hard reset" procedure over and over again but nothing happens. when i plug it back into the computer it says unrecognized USB device. can anyone help?
tia!
Old 11-20-2007, 04:57 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

bedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Sounds like you might be stuck in the bootloader. Check out the sticky at the top of this forum:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=7049
Old 11-20-2007, 05:15 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

waspie is a n00b
really, i do appreciate the effort, but it won't even get recognized as a USB device. did you read the entire post?
Old 11-20-2007, 05:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizon

TMB_XV6700 is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by waspie View Post
.... it won't soft reset but when i press the two soft keys (without pressing the reset button) the hard reset screen comes up and if i press Y followed by space the screen goes away and nothing else happens. i can repeat this "hard reset" procedure over and over again but nothing happens....tia!
waspie,
Looks like you're already onto this but didn't say so openly - so just in case, stuck reset button? I've never heard of one before, but you never know. So have you tried jiggling the stylus around in the hole? (Really stretching here)
Old 11-20-2007, 06:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

bedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by waspie View Post
really, i do appreciate the effort, but it won't even get recognized as a USB device. did you read the entire post?
You're right, I was just kinda skimming, sorry. Since it only takes the two softkeys to trigger a hard reset it does sound like the reset button is somehow stuck. Maybe just a hardware failure.

Out of curiousity, have you tried going ahead with the hard rest?

Last edited by bedoig; 11-20-2007 at 06:29 PM.
Old 11-20-2007, 07:08 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

waspie is a n00b
i was sorta thinking the same thing but ill take a quick look and cross my fingers.
i didn't mean to be a dick bedoig, i apologize.
yes i tried a hard reset but no love.

edit*
the reset button still has a tactile feel to it like i thought but i did try. i guess its gonna get replaced its just its a gov't contract and our verizon person wont be in till monday which reallllly sucks. :\
thanks guys. if anyone else has any other ideas feel free.

Last edited by waspie; 11-20-2007 at 07:11 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache