PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2007, 08:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

prophetizer is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HTC Touch Instant Messenger on Apache?

i would love to use this app on the 6700, but as we all know, it gives the md5 error. so is there anyone that has it working.

and, if not, can anyone recommend another IM application, preferably free
Old 11-19-2007, 04:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond~>Samsung Moment~>HTC EVO!

vinscuzzy is becoming a great contributor
yeah, I saw that one when I was messing around with the touch at the sprint store. I wonder if it uses text messages though? I've been using lonely cat games slick IM. I actually own agile, but don't use it because when it reconnects after a phone call it causes my 6700 to slow down so bad that its just about unusable. I've talked to their tech support and they're wonderful expertise advised me to soft reset and reinstall. I've tried it on all different roms, wm5 and wm6, tried installing right after a hard reset. nothing fixes it. slick IM, aside from not be able to hit enter to send, is the best I've used. it reconects everytime, and some how even stores unreceived messages while you're on a call. when you get off the phone and reconnect, all the messages come through. works perfect. sorry to sound like a salesman, I've been looking for a good IM program for a LONG time.
Old 11-19-2007, 05:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Apache
Carrier: Verizon (prepaid!!!)

archangel1982 is a n00b
IM+ is a good one too it combines all types of im so you can log on to multiple ones at the same time

1 Phillips Nino 500 Windows CE Mobile
( 10 years ago lol)
HP Ipaq
treo 600
treo 650
treo 700w
Current XV6700
Old 11-19-2007, 05:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

prophetizer is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinscuzzy View Post
yeah, I saw that one when I was messing around with the touch at the sprint store. I wonder if it uses text messages though? I've been using lonely cat games slick IM. I actually own agile, but don't use it because when it reconnects after a phone call it causes my 6700 to slow down so bad that its just about unusable. I've talked to their tech support and they're wonderful expertise advised me to soft reset and reinstall. I've tried it on all different roms, wm5 and wm6, tried installing right after a hard reset. nothing fixes it. slick IM, aside from not be able to hit enter to send, is the best I've used. it reconects everytime, and some how even stores unreceived messages while you're on a call. when you get off the phone and reconnect, all the messages come through. works perfect. sorry to sound like a salesman, I've been looking for a good IM program for a LONG time.
there is a reg edit that will stop from disconnecting on a phone call, i will look at this app though, thanks
Old 11-19-2007, 05:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

prophetizer is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by archangel1982 View Post
IM+ is a good one too it combines all types of im so you can log on to multiple ones at the same time
i have used IM+ in the past, i don't like it very much.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:31 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Try palringo, so far its the best IM app i've tried...
Old 11-20-2007, 12:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

yeah palringo worked ok, but I don't like how you can only have one conversation open at a time.
Old 11-20-2007, 06:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

just got the new version of slick IM and now hitting enter sends the message, so now its even better. no complaints yet!
Old 11-20-2007, 07:09 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: iPhone 6 Plus 128gb
Carrier: AT&T

jtrag is keeping up the good workjtrag is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to jtrag Send a message via MSN to jtrag Send a message via Yahoo to jtrag Send a message via Skype™ to jtrag
I use the WM6 version of the Threaded SMS and it works great. Have you tried using it yet? If not, perhaps you should find it and check it out. It's just a matter of preference really. Try different ones and see what works best for you.
Old 11-20-2007, 10:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

prophetizer is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrag View Post
I use the WM6 version of the Threaded SMS and it works great. Have you tried using it yet? If not, perhaps you should find it and check it out. It's just a matter of preference really. Try different ones and see what works best for you.
what does a threaded SMS app have to do with IM programs? that use AIM, Yahoo, ICQ and so on?

if it does support this, could you please give me a link? also, i would still like the link anyways i miss the old treo threaded app

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache