PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2007, 10:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: sprint

piratedninja is keeping up the good workpiratedninja is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to piratedninja
dead touch spot on my 6700

up until i installed SPB PocketPlus my 6700 was doing great
but once i installed pocketplus all of a sudden i had a dead spot in the middle of my screen (right where the 6 and t keys are on the onscreen keyboard)
when ever i touch that spot with the stylus nothing happens

i cant even get the screen align to work because the dead spot is right on the center align cross

ive managed to get pas the screen align but the screen isnt aligned right because i had to tap the cross close to the center but not directly on it like you are supposed to

i know this probably wasnt caused by pocketplus but i havent touched the phone other than that at all since yesterday
and it was working great yesterday (i mainly use the onscreen keyboard for most of my typing so i would have noticed it before)

i flashed back to the original sprint rom and the spot is still there

anyone know of a fix to this?
im gona get the phone activated next week and will get insurance on it so i can take it to a repair place and get it fixed/replaced
Old 11-15-2007, 11:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

verizonguy is becoming a great contributor
Flash your carrier's stock rom and if you no longer have issues, your device is fine and it is something you have installed conflicting.
If after flashing to your carrier's stock rom, you still have the problem, your digitizer (touch control that overlays the LCD) is bad or has a poor connection with the LCD.

Before criticizing someone, first walk a mile in his shoes...
Then when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away and have his shoes.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

piratedninja is keeping up the good workpiratedninja is keeping up the good work
flashed it back to stock and still the same problem (maybe worse) is there any way i can fix it myself?

or how much will they charge me(without insurance) if i take it to a sprint repair store?

funny thing is i havent even activated the phone and therefore its been sitting at home on my desk eversince i got it, havent even taken it out of my room yet

Last edited by piratedninja; 11-16-2007 at 02:05 AM.
Old 11-17-2007, 01:50 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

verizonguy is becoming a great contributor
if you bought it from sprint, then yeah, go that route and get it warranty replaced. If you bought it from another source, you probably can't get insurance or warranty through the carrier--at least that is how vzw is. Changing the screen is not a trivial task that a store would do for you.
I've done so many of them that I can do the whole disassembly and re-assembly in about 15 minutes, but you have to be careful if you plan to do the surgery yourself. Also, you have to take apart everything to get to the LCD. It's the last part of the disassembly. You can find the replacement screens for around $55.
Old 11-17-2007, 08:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

i think you can get insurance on any phone with sprint no matter where you bought it from, i'll know for sure by the end of next week

the guy i bought the phone from bought it about 3 months ago from sprint and had only used it for 2 months, so could there be a warranty that i dont know about?
Old 12-04-2007, 12:18 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizon

Electron71 is a n00b
This sounds crazy I have two 6700, one is like brand new and the other is my main work phone. I have used my work phone extensivly every day for 8 months. I just installed Astraware Solitaire and within two weeks a dead spot in the middle of the screen. Well my wife was using the other unit justfor games at night and within two weeks that unit now also has a dead spot in the middle of the screen. Coincidence? Or crappy luck
Old 12-04-2007, 07:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Apache
Carrier: Sprint

Waggoneer is a n00b
That happened to a 6700 of mine. I took it into the Sprint store, and the guy said it was a common problem, and warrantied me a new one on the spot.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache