PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2007, 11:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6900
Carrier: VZW

aaronpentz is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Switch from Sprint to verizon

I was wondering if it was possible to switch a PPC6800 from sprint to verizon. I am under the understanding that all i have to do is to switch the ESN to a verizon ESN and then just flash the Verizon rom or one of my choice.

I just want to make sure that Im correct on this. And any help would be greatly appreciated
Old 11-12-2007, 01:25 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

verizonguy is becoming a great contributor
You'd have to change the esn, min, akey, etc. This is illegal in the US though, so best not to discuss it on a messageboard.

Before criticizing someone, first walk a mile in his shoes...
Then when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away and have his shoes.
Old 11-12-2007, 09:17 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6900
Threadstarter

aaronpentz is a n00b
Thats what I thought. Thanks
Old 11-12-2007, 09:52 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul 6800
Carrier: sprint

focuzed is a n00b
sprint just announced you can unlock the phones there was a lawsuit ...they lost now they have 2 unlock your phone if you pay the cancle fee, and your bill balance. they must by law unlock it...and they will

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5j...R9KEgD8SH61A80
Old 11-12-2007, 10:02 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe
Yeah, Ive been following this issue with Sprint for some time but it is going to be entertaining to see how other carriers/customers go about getting support for phones sold by another carrier and internal settings/firmware being different. There is going to a lot of confusion and stress for many customers and CSRs I think.
Old 11-12-2007, 10:38 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC-6700

Jeff_Birt is a n00b
I don't think it really has to be that complicated providing the phone is of the same type the carrier already supports. As the hardware is the same, the carrier would have full knowledge/equipment to re-flash it with their settings. They would probably have to develop/release/(modify_existing) some drop-dead-simple conversion software to their servicing stores.

If the phone is a model that the proposed new carrier does not handle then it would indeed be a large burden to expect them to figure out how to make it work on their network. If a savvy consumer can make it work by having access to the correct settings, then more power to them.

They was I see it, the locking of phones is just an excuse for poor service. Once you drop $400-$600 on a phone and are locked into a particular carrier how likely is the average consumer to buy a whole new phone (to switch to a new carrier) as the first carrier's service sucked?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache