PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2007, 06:06 PM
Lurker

Route66 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Upgraded to Helmi 3.5 now battery issues!

I just recently upgraded my vx6700 sprint to Helmi 3.5 ROM....and now my battery life lasts maybe 45 minutes - 1 hour while idle! I have wifi/bluetooth/beam all turned off..running radio v1.27..task manager says i have nothing running...any idea what could be draining the battery so quickly?
Old 11-09-2007, 07:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizon

TMB_XV6700 is just getting started
Route,
Download and install acbpowermeter here:
http://acbpocketsoft.googlepages.com...rSetup-1.1.exe
then measure your usage levels and patterns. You probably also want to order a new battery.

Theoretically, draining a fully-charged OEM battery in 1 hour would require an AVERAGE current draw of 1350 mA, which is nearly twice the absolute PEAK current draw I've ever seen on my Apache. IMO, chances are >95% that you've got an old, tired battery that won't hold a charge.
Old 11-09-2007, 07:15 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Route66 is a n00b
Thank you very much! I just downloaded it now and waiting for it to start. What is normal regular current draw? I'm willing to bet its the battery thats toast too since it sat w/no charge for a couple of days....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMB_XV6700 View Post
Route,
Download and install acbpowermeter here:
http://acbpocketsoft.googlepages.com...rSetup-1.1.exe
then measure your usage levels and patterns. You probably also want to order a new battery.

Theoretically, draining a fully-charged OEM battery in 1 hour would require an AVERAGE current draw of 1350 mA, which is nearly twice the absolute PEAK current draw I've ever seen on my Apache. IMO, chances are >95% that you've got an old, tired battery that won't hold a charge.
Old 11-09-2007, 07:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul & HTC Touch and HTC Diamond now HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

soundworkspr is keeping up the good worksoundworkspr is keeping up the good worksoundworkspr is keeping up the good work
yeah this is true happend to me went to sprint and exactly that dead battery
Old 11-09-2007, 10:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route66 View Post
Thank you very much! I just downloaded it now and waiting for it to start. What is normal regular current draw? I'm willing to bet its the battery thats toast too since it sat w/no charge for a couple of days....
Typically 40-60 mA at idle, depending on your backlight setting and what programs you are running. EVDO browsing and push mail syncs are short spikes of typically 400-500 mA, although I've had occasional spikes to 700+ mA.
Old 11-09-2007, 10:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Route,
between yours and the other post about battery failure right after flashing, I'm wondering if there isn't something to that HTC requirement that your battery be more than 40% charged before flashing.....Since flashing/burning draws a significant amount of juice that may not all be supplied by the measly 0.5A USB connection, a battery that is low and/or tired to begin with may be burned out by the flash. Seems logical to me, but I'm not a battery guy nor a flashing guy, so take that for what it's worth - i.e. flash only with a full battery in good condition.
Old 11-10-2007, 10:09 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Route66 is a n00b
ok....Everythings installed and working great so far....acbPower says idle draw is around 64 w/ backlight on...avg is 118ma...which seems perfectly normal..so im assuming my battery is toast. Anyway I can get sprint to replace the battery under insurance or am I stuck buying a new one? I've been eyeing the seido's one anyways...
Old 11-10-2007, 12:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Battery depletion is "normal wear and tear", so they are not normally replaceable under warranty or insurance. Still, people have reported getting new batteries for free when they take their non-functioning device into a Sprint or Verizon store and complain loudly enough. Seems to me that having a bad battery in a recent refurb replacement would provide some basis for replacement.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache