PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2007, 10:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6700
Carrier: verizon

azkid is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Angry Loosing the Love

I have owned this phone for maybe 4 months and I just broke my screen for the 2nd time. I was just sitting on my couch and got my phone out for some reason I don't remember why and there it was a crack and before the night was over it spidered the rest of the way out. I am starting to have a love hate relationship with this phone. On one hand I love the way we can mod this phone but on the other if it can't take normal wear and tear I might just have to fix it again and sell it on eBay.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apache 6700
Carrier: Verizon

craigerk is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to craigerk
Quote:
Originally Posted by azkid View Post
I have owned this phone for maybe 4 months and I just broke my screen for the 2nd time. I was just sitting on my couch and got my phone out for some reason I don't remember why and there it was a crack and before the night was over it spidered the rest of the way out. I am starting to have a love hate relationship with this phone. On one hand I love the way we can mod this phone but on the other if it can't take normal wear and tear I might just have to fix it again and sell it on eBay.
I don't know what your doing for 'normal wear and tear' but my job at the moment is McDonalds and running back and forth, being in grill, throwing load/emptying the truck along with me at home working on my truck in every bit of my spare time and even putting a roof on my house I still haven't done a thing to my screen, let alone the rest of the phone. Been dropped numerous times including high places. These phone's screens are pretty durable.

Last edited by craigerk; 10-22-2007 at 11:05 PM.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Galaxy S 4G, EVO View 4G, Nook Color, Dell X30
Carrier: T-Mobile

av8tr is just getting started
Haven't broke mine in a year of ownership. Never broke one on my previous PPCs dating back 6 years. Every one of them, including my 6700, has been dropped more than once.

My point: I don't think it's the phone.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive
Carrier: Sprint

IM0001 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularIM0001 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularIM0001 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to IM0001 Send a message via AIM to IM0001 Send a message via MSN to IM0001 Send a message via Skype™ to IM0001
I have never broken the screen on mine. Sure the touch screen part has gone progressivly worse from the center out on a second phone now. but the screen holds up pretty good IMO with the case it comes with as its only protection.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:42 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: PPC-6800
Carrier: Alltel

korndogg is a n00b
I only broke the screen on mine once. I dropped it face down and it hit the corner of a shelf right on the screen. Other than that I have never broken any screen on any phone, and I am pretty rough with my phones. IDK, maybe you just have bad luck with this one? Good luck with getting that fixed or replaced (hopefully you have insurance on it, if so you might just have a brand new Mogul!).
Old 10-23-2007, 07:58 AM
Lurker

sabalon is a n00b
Have had mine for almost 2 years. Only think I've broken on it has been the joystick. Something hit it and convinced it to be permanently pushed in. And this thing goes everywhere with me, and withstands my kids playing Jawbreaker (they seem to think the harder you stab with the stylus, the higher score you get!)
Old 10-23-2007, 08:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6700

Supermanwoot is a n00b
I know how you feel but its not the phone. I once had a samsung for a week and I set it on the toilet seat while taking a shower, I came out and knocked it off on accident and it cracked the screen. Some times you just get REALLY unlucky I guess. I was super mad though anyway.

I hope you have insurance bro, I have dropped this phone a few times and its held up ok. Only issue I have is the screen gets dirty very fast.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:51 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6700
Carrier: verizon
Threadstarter

azkid is a n00b
Now that’s funny sabalon I can relate, I do have a couple of questions though, Where do you guys that have not broken your screen keep your phone? What I mean is do you have a soft case or hard case? And do you face the lcd away from you? Or towards you? The first time I broke the screen it definitely was my fault, I had a few to many went to grab it off the table and slung it to the ground but this time had it in my case on my side. Just ordered me a new screen but would like to keep it healthy for awhile.
Old 10-23-2007, 09:29 AM
Lurker

citrus3000psi is a n00b
My phone was in my car seat (didn't know it). And my dog was in the seat as well. There are side bulsters on the seat back and base. (They are real reccaros) so she sits up like a normal dog would. (Black lab, 80lbs). Needless to say both of her front feet where pushing down the phone screen. I for sure thought my phone was runied for sure.

Nope. Perfectly fine. I couldn't be more pleased with the screen.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache