PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2007, 01:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6700

Supermanwoot is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Need some help with linking to programs (cLaunch)

I am trying to set up my today screen and am linking to programs and putting icons on the "desktop."

So I was wondering a few things based on problems I have come across.

1) Where are the majority of program shortcuts? I cant find most of the exe's and I find myself linking to shortcuts in the Winows/Start Menu/Programs area.

2) Can somoene help me with command line procedures? This program (cLaunch) uses a command line function that you can run with the exe and modify its function. **I want to run the comm manager and have the ability to turn wifi on/off with one click from the "desktop"**

If you guys could help me with this and also give me some opinions on the claunch program too if you want, that would be very helpful.

Thanks guys, I hope this thread can be helpful to others as well.
Old 10-22-2007, 02:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

hollenbeckjr is a n00b
CLaunch

Hey Supermanwoot...although I'm a relative noob here, I have been using claunch for a while now. Most of the program exe files are located in the device windows folder. Hunting them down can be time consuming, but if after going into the windows folder, you tap on type, it will place all the files according to type, making it easier to locate all the applications files you may want to pick from. It still takes a little time, but definately easier this way.
As for the comm manger...I have yet to be able to do this in claunch. I do use the fabulous work of Helmi's WM6 which does have a launcher with a comm manager tab in it that works really well.
Old 10-22-2007, 02:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6700
Threadstarter

Supermanwoot is a n00b
yeah WM6 can do it, but I have been having a lot faster speeds with WM5 and I like the clean look and freeness of cLaunch. To me it looks like it compares with most of the pay programs and all I really need is a launcher right now so I'm cool with it.

Thanks for the tip on finding everything in the windows folder, I didnt even look down it because there were so many random-named files.

TY!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache