PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2008, 11:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV 6700

PhillysHotGirl is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Apache WM6 Clean, No Junk Version

ok thanks i figured it out hun. one problem, i updated it and everything but now when i try to use the phone it says wireless radio is missing. how can i get the verizon radio back?
Old 11-27-2008, 01:23 AM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Verizon

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

Use a stock verizon rom which has the radio update.

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.
Old 11-29-2008, 11:04 PM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillysHotGirl View Post
ok thanks i figured it out hun. one problem, i updated it and everything but now when i try to use the phone it says wireless radio is missing. how can i get the verizon radio back?
you ever get your apache working?
Old 02-07-2009, 02:06 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV 6700

PhillysHotGirl is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by puff View Post
you ever get your apache working?

It was for a while then it started to act up. Now its stuck on the 1.02 bootloader. I tried to flash a rombut the update utility cant find the rom on the phone so it doesnt update. So now all I ahve is a bootloader and it does nothing.

I guess its done(bricked)
Old 02-07-2009, 03:59 AM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

The Apache really can not be bricked. Find the "mtty" method to get out of bootloader. Search in google.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-07-2009, 10:46 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Imagio (XV6800, XV6700, Eris, Ally previously)

rokky is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillysHotGirl View Post
It was for a while then it started to act up. Now its stuck on the 1.02 bootloader. I tried to flash a rombut the update utility cant find the rom on the phone so it doesnt update. So now all I ahve is a bootloader and it does nothing.

I guess its done(bricked)
Don't give up just yet. I had a situation like that with my xv6700 - I had 2 of them and the Helmi update I put on the first (test phone since the audio jack was broken) worked great. Then I tried it on a replacement I got on eBay that hung like yours. It turned out that the bootloader on the phone was a different version, and I had to rebuild the update package specifying the correct bootloader version (the default just happened to be the correct one for my 1st phone, so I had not paid any attention to that setting the 1st time around).

HTH,
R
Old 02-14-2009, 01:57 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6700 xv6800 xv6900 Ozone

thenikonian is a n00b

The Business-

I've installed the B7 update found at the link below and in the first post of this tread.
http://rapidshare.com/files/70213180...08_B7.zip.html

Everything appears to be running well but I've noticed 2 issues on my phone.

1- There is no task manager. I've installed T Manager... it seems to do the trick but should something have been loaded by default?

2- Touchflow does not appear to be working correctly. There is a link in accessories that runs but I do not get a cube with any gestures. Instead it brings up different apps depending on what direction I am dragging from. Is this broken or is this working as intended?

I installed the CUBE using CABS from this tread but there is a bug. I need to disable the Touch Flow program that came loaded in the ROM.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=11945

Intro-
Hello everyone. I am new to ppcgeeks and the Apache. I have a xv6900 (vogue) running leaked OEM 6.1 ROM and a new to me Apache (xv6700). First off I love the xv6700. I really like the size of this phone and the slide-out KB is KING!

TY ROB for putting the No Junk ROM out here. It is a great ROM. Possibly the closest thing to an OEM update. I've tried 4 builds using the Kitchen with no success. I get working ROMs but they never look the way I envision them. I would love to continue to experiment with the kitchen but I just don't have the time.

Also I'd like to thank the other Apache users that have contributed. In this thread there are 78 pages of posts. I've been searching PPCGEEKS, XDA, PPCKITCHEN and a few other sites for info. The stickies help but sometimes they do not look like they contain the most current info so please forgive my ignorance if my issues have already been addressed.
Old 12-05-2010, 09:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Apache PPC6700
Carrier: Sprint

jodell is a n00b

Hey guys, I need an upgrade for my UTStarCom PPC6700 with Sprint. I have WM5, and want to up it to at least 6.X. I've tried the link above, but it is no longer valid. Any ideas where to look? Thanks.
Old 12-21-2010, 09:36 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ppc 6700
Carrier: flexi

tribudisantoso is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodell View Post
Hey guys, I need an upgrade for my UTStarCom PPC6700 with Sprint. I have WM5, and want to up it to at least 6.X. I've tried the link above, but it is no longer valid. Any ideas where to look? Thanks.
same with me, anyone has working link, it's much better on mediafire, because i have low internet connection.
I have UTStarCom PPC6700 with Sprint bootloader v1.00. I have WM5 OEM Sprint.
Old 12-16-2011, 11:39 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC-6600, PPC6700, PPC-6800
Carrier: Aliant

Colin Pye is a n00b

Do you still have any of the Apache material left? The rapidshare links have expired.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development