PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2007, 06:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint

Catman51 is keeping up the good workCatman51 is keeping up the good workCatman51 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Need to find the registry entry to take the HTC Home Plugin out of the Today screen plug in lineup? I've done a search for the past 20 minutes, and it won't come up.
I remember in one of the forums for WM6 someone posted it.
If anyone has it or the link, please post it. Thank you!
Old 11-20-2007, 06:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3

Catman51 is keeping up the good workCatman51 is keeping up the good workCatman51 is keeping up the good work
Think I found it from Pibe38:
To make HTC Home movable you need to perform the following registry change...

HKLM\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\TODAY\ITEMS\HTC HOME
change TYPE from 5 to 4
Old 11-20-2007, 07:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium

rxb216 is just getting started
Yotoad,

glad you went ahead with the upgrade...I don't think my full writeup is needed at this point because i can see others are having sucess with the ROM. Of course some people want more customizations, like HTC home movability, or adding some programs here and there, but those are easy things to do after the upgrade.... I am glad Rob released a somewhat "stock" version. I am heavily using the performance speed applications and running smoooth at 624Mhz, the overclocked speed. I might try the XCPUscaler program to speed things up in a different manner, but let's see...

Rob said said he is working on the slidesound issue and send me a PM to tell me this. Anybody else have problems with slidesound? It kinda sucks having this program cooked into the ROM and its not working (crashing)...it would make my day to have this work..

I just installed piscel 1.0.5 and the phone is just a gem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotoad View Post
Rob, really good so far -- i finally bit the bullet and went ahead with your build 7 -- a couple of things -- i really liked the HTC x button that was in kirvin's 3.5 -- anybody have a cab of it? also, what about that battery meter at the top of the screen? and the htc home customizer for this version -- where can i find that?
Old 11-20-2007, 07:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

search around for and you will find:

vista hide battery gauge (i use this too), in an exe form

HTC task manager, in cab form

But i highly suggest you use pBAR instead (in exe form), it kicks the crap out of HTC task manager (the latest 2.0 version of task manager is supposedly a memory HOG)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotoad View Post
Rob, really good so far -- i finally bit the bullet and went ahead with your build 7 -- a couple of things -- i really liked the HTC x button that was in kirvin's 3.5 -- anybody have a cab of it? also, what about that battery meter at the top of the screen? and the htc home customizer for this version -- where can i find that?

Last edited by rxb216; 11-20-2007 at 09:26 PM.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC 6800
Carrier: Movilnet

jg1980 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMB_XV6700 View Post
Catman,
On a screen with scroll bars (other than an excel spreadsheet), the touchflo allows you to scroll by sliding your thumb or finger along the middle of the screen. Very cool; I actually removed it though because my fingers made the screen too greasy.
TouchFlo does not work on ours ppc6700, or yes, how I can do it?

Jonathan Garcia
Apache PPC6700
WM6 CE OS 5.2.1908 (build 18508.0.7.0)
ROM 3.60.70 WWE
Radio 1.41.00
Old 11-20-2007, 09:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

its working just fine on my B7...

i think you need to "run" the program first however, i dont believe its included in the startup programs. just browse to the accessories directory in from the programs folder and look for touchflo and run it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jg1980 View Post
TouchFlo does not work on ours ppc6700, or yes, how I can do it?

Jonathan Garcia
Apache PPC6700
WM6 CE OS 5.2.1908 (build 18508.0.7.0)
ROM 3.60.70 WWE
Radio 1.41.00
Old 11-21-2007, 12:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

robmayer is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to robmayer Send a message via MSN to robmayer
Yes, placing TouchFlo in the startup folder will cause immediate problems with the screen calibration on first boot. However, after you have set your device up feel free to cut and paste the TouchFlo shortcut from the \Windows\start menu\programs\accessories folder and place it in the \Windows\startup folder
Old 11-21-2007, 12:53 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC 6800
Carrier: Movilnet

jg1980 is a n00b
Thank you rxb216, thank you robmayer. I need a bit of more help:

Issue touchflo: Yes, I can see that in accessories folder...I ran touchflo but OS said "Ftouchflo already running" (error message). Do I need to install additional programs?, I read something about "cube" in this thread http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=11945

Issue download: I can't download the file HTC_Camera.cab.zip (608.1 KB, 14 views)on this page http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=9841&page=36
When I did click on link, appears the following message "vBulletin Message
You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Of course, I was logged and I tried to logged but...nothing. I need it because in my generic B7 doesn't work the camera. Any idea to get the .cab.

off topic:
Congratulations for your WM6 Clean Version. I upgraded from WM6 Junk Version, it's good but your version it's very much better than its successor.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

robmayer is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to robmayer Send a message via MSN to robmayer
Quote:
Originally Posted by jg1980 View Post
Thank you rxb216, thank you robmayer. I need a bit of more help:

Issue touchflo: Yes, I can see that in accessories folder...I ran touchflo but OS said "Ftouchflo already running" (error message). Do I need to install additional programs?, I read something about "cube" in this thread http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=11945

Issue download: I can't download the file HTC_Camera.cab.zip (608.1 KB, 14 views)on this page http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=9841&page=36

When I did click on link, appears the following message "vBulletin Message
You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Of course, I was logged and I tried to logged but...nothing. I need it because in my generic B7 doesn't work the camera. Any idea to get the .cab.

off topic:
Congratulations for your WM6 Clean Version. I upgraded from WM6 Junk Version, it's good but your version it's very much better than its successor.
Try soft-resetting and run TouchFlo again. The camera is linked to the camera button. Hold it for about 2-3 seconds. I should have put this in the programs-> accessories folder but somehow I left it out. It will be there in the next build.
Old 11-21-2007, 03:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: palm pre

yotoad is keeping up the good workyotoad is keeping up the good work
i'm having a couple of screen calibration issues -- is that due to touchflo? if it is, i don't need it, so i won't activate it

rxb216 -- thanks for the tips -- i have the vista battery exe and just downloaded pbar -- i've used magic button in the past and installed last night -- i'll see which one i like between the two . . .

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development