PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2007, 07:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium
Carrier: Sprint

rxb216 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rob, I am really looking forward to the Sprint build 4 install tonight and will definitely leave a donation if I stick with this rom. Coming from Kirvin's 3.5 C&S, I am praying for a rock solid and stable wm6 build! thanks
Old 10-22-2007, 10:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

robmayer is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to robmayer Send a message via MSN to robmayer
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxb216 View Post
Rob, I am really looking forward to the Sprint build 4 install tonight and will definitely leave a donation if I stick with this rom. Coming from Kirvin's 3.5 C&S, I am praying for a rock solid and stable wm6 build! thanks
Hey Everybody!

Apache HTC Stock WM6 for VZW, SPCS, and Generic posted for download. As usual, here is the link:
http://6700development.googlepages.com/downloads

Hope you enjoy!

Also, if you miss any of the programs taken out of this rom... they are listed for download in the downloads section on my site(link above). If what you are looking for isn't there, please feel free to request it by sending me an email at rob.may3r@gmail.com.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:07 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Apache & AT&T 8525
Carrier: AT&T

GameDoctor is a n00b
Rob,

Thanks for the update. I'll stand by while you get time to look into the missing VOIP stuff I mentioned yesterday.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameDoctor View Post
Rob,

Thanks for the update. I'll stand by while you get time to look into the missing VOIP stuff I mentioned yesterday.
Yeah, I am looking into it, and hopefully I can figure something out soon. I'll let you know when I do. I'd like to have VOIP stuff working as well...
Old 10-23-2007, 10:42 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4

daveedem is just getting started
Quick question as I was contemplating up'ing to 4 last night. I think I read in the thread somewhere NOT to let the Sprint Customizations run after installing the ROM.

two questions with this:

1) I also think I saw where you simply soft reset as soon as the customizations start running.
2) Does your rev remove all the stuff that is stored in Ext rom (I assume that is where the customizations run from)

Ok.. so there are 3 questions.

3) If I toast the device and need to take it back to Sprint, I know to put it back to WM5 standard, but do I need to get the standard ext rom stuff back in there or just not worry about it.

Sorry... semi-noob with some of this, but I'm learning fast. I may get some more stability if I'm screwing up and letting the customizations run.

Thanks for your help.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveedem View Post
Quick question as I was contemplating up'ing to 4 last night. I think I read in the thread somewhere NOT to let the Sprint Customizations run after installing the ROM.

two questions with this:

1) I also think I saw where you simply soft reset as soon as the customizations start running.
2) Does your rev remove all the stuff that is stored in Ext rom (I assume that is where the customizations run from)

Ok.. so there are 3 questions.

3) If I toast the device and need to take it back to Sprint, I know to put it back to WM5 standard, but do I need to get the standard ext rom stuff back in there or just not worry about it.

Sorry... semi-noob with some of this, but I'm learning fast. I may get some more stability if I'm screwing up and letting the customizations run.

Thanks for your help.
Well, in build 4 I removed the ability to autorun the ext_rom. It's contents will still reside in the ext_rom partition, but will not auto customize. Of course, if they do.. soft-reset right away to prevent them from loading and notify me about it. But i guess that kind of answered question 2 also, that no it does not remove the ext_rom contents.
Now, if you did happen to toast your device(very unlikely) and had to take it back to Sprint, go here: http://www.utstar.com/pcd/phone_down...carrier=Sprint to download the stock WM5 standard rom that came on your device. This will also automatically put the ext_rom back how it was nomatter what you did to it before. So anything goes wrong, flash back to the rom provided for download via the link I gave you and you will be all set.
I hope I helped answer all of your questions, and if you do decide to go for build 4 I hope you enjoy it!

Last edited by robmayer; 10-23-2007 at 11:34 AM.
Old 10-23-2007, 01:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO
Carrier: SPRINT

dan18 is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to dan18
i want to upgrade my sprint ppc6700 to wm6 but if i don't like the new one can i go back to the old version by running the original rom from sprint for wm5????
Old 10-23-2007, 01:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan18 View Post
i want to upgrade my sprint ppc6700 to wm6 but if i don't like the new one can i go back to the old version by running the original rom from sprint for wm5????
Yes, if you don't like it you can grab the original Sprint ROM here: http://www.utstar.com/pcd/phone_down...carrier=Sprint, flash it, and everything will be original just like when you first got the phone.
Old 10-23-2007, 01:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO
Carrier: SPRINT

dan18 is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to dan18
oh i forgot one more question Rob... do I need to run Helmi_c wm6 rom and then your update im a little confused what is the difference between yours and his?
Old 10-23-2007, 01:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

cjbreisch is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan18 View Post
oh i forgot one more question Rob... do I need to run Helmi_c wm6 rom and then your update im a little confused what is the difference between yours and his?
You don't need to run Helmi's upgrade. Rob's is a stripped down version of Helmi.

Helmi did a great (unbelievable, actually!) job getting the ball rolling. Rob's just picked up helmi's ball and run with it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development