PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2007, 02:22 AM
Lurker

Cheeseman is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks a million robmayer; I successfully upgraded my Sprint PPC-6700 with your ROM and I can't be more impressed and satisfied with it. A hell of an upgrade from WM5. Great job and keep it going.
Old 10-21-2007, 08:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

cjbreisch is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by robmayer View Post
I am really going to try putting the new HTC Home into the next version or the one after that. I might even be able to cook up something custom for you on the side if I have the time, if you wanted HTC Home completely gone. Also, I'm not to familiar with Pocket Controller. It may just be a general WM6 incompatibility issue. Maybe you could try other versions, like Helmi's and see if it produces similar results. lastly, I'm trying to get v.4 out as soon as possible. It may or may no be available by the time you are ready to upgrade again. We'll see though...
A) Well, I just wanted HTC Home out so that it would be easier for me to upgrade. If you put 2.0.x in, I will be happy with that.

B) As for Pocket Controller, it worked fine with the Helmi ROM. I've tried tweaking my settings but no go. Next time I plug it in and get the error message, I'll copy it and I'll make a new thread about it.

Once again, thanks for all the work! And I can probably wait for v4, unless you think it's going to be a couple weeks or more.
Old 10-21-2007, 08:44 AM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
After a failed attempt to use VerizonGuy's first Kitchen, I needed a ROM- and quickly. I used your Sprint ROM and I've been impressed so far. No time for details (I'll post more later today).
One little request. I hate the HTC Home Today plugin. Any chance of having it disabled by default (if not removed) so that it doesn't mess with everything on first startup?

Great work. Thank you.

LOL. And as I finish this, I take the Apache out of it's cradle and the screen goes black. I freak. I put it back in the cradle and screen comes back on and everything appears to be working. Apparently, my default screen settings somehow changed to 0% brightness on battery over-night. Weird.

Last edited by Trident; 10-21-2007 at 08:49 AM.
Old 10-21-2007, 09:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

robmayer is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to robmayer Send a message via MSN to robmayer
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
Any possibliity of hosting the files somewhere besides RapidShare? Looks like I've hit my free downloads limit.....
Yeah, thats' a good idea. I think either today or tomorrow I'll go ahead and upload to another location, along with Rapidshare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheeseman View Post
Thanks a million robmayer; I successfully upgraded my Sprint PPC-6700 with your ROM and I can't be more impressed and satisfied with it. A hell of an upgrade from WM5. Great job and keep it going.
Thank you very much for your input. I have a couple more updates on the way, so keep enjoying the ROMs and make sure to keep an eye out for new releases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbreisch View Post
A) Well, I just wanted HTC Home out so that it would be easier for me to upgrade. If you put 2.0.x in, I will be happy with that.

Cool, then 2.0.x it is. Shouldn't be too difficult.

B) As for Pocket Controller, it worked fine with the Helmi ROM. I've tried tweaking my settings but no go. Next time I plug it in and get the error message, I'll copy it and I'll make a new thread about it.

Once again, thanks for all the work! And I can probably wait for v4, unless you think it's going to be a couple weeks or more.
Good idea, maybe someone else might be able to help. But if I find something, I'll definitely try to help out too. V.4 for be coming pretty soon. Probably less than a couple of weeks. v.4 is basically going to be a complete stock oem rom, except for the HTC stuff(I really don't consider that 3rd party software). But I'm going to start from scratch with the original rom and tear it apart again one by one. Maybe this will solve some of the issues you all are having.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
After a failed attempt to use VerizonGuy's first Kitchen, I needed a ROM- and quickly. I used your Sprint ROM and I've been impressed so far. No time for details (I'll post more later today).
One little request. I hate the HTC Home Today plugin. Any chance of having it disabled by default (if not removed) so that it doesn't mess with everything on first startup?

Great work. Thank you.

LOL. And as I finish this, I take the Apache out of it's cradle and the screen goes black. I freak. I put it back in the cradle and screen comes back on and everything appears to be working. Apparently, my default screen settings somehow changed to 0% brightness on battery over-night. Weird.
That's a good idea, I never thought about disabling it so it doesn't mess with the stuff on the first startup. I think I might do that. v.4 will be out pretty soon, so I think I'll take that into consideration. But otherwise, I'm glad to hear it's working out good for you. That is weird though about your brightness. I have this weird thing to in WM6, even Helmi's, where my backlight will default to 10 sec for some reason. You ever have that happen?
Old 10-21-2007, 01:06 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
Yes, I've had the screen blank set to 10sec before. I just accept it as an MS glitch. Doesn't happen often.

Two other little "glitches" today. The first one is repeatable: When I load the camera, going into "Picture Theme" mode gives me an error. [36011:107:100] Then when I close the camera, my screen is all kerflooyed. But only if I close it from the HW/OK key. If I close it from the touchscreen (X), then it closes fine. Very curiously, when I take a screenshot of my kerflooyed screen, it looks normal. By kerflooyed, I can only describe that it looks like a color negative with some "static". I had this happening with WM5 AKU3.5, but was gone with the original Helmi WM6.

The second glitch is that I had a DSOD today. Just walking around and noticed that the screen wouldn't turn on and the phone appeared dead.
Old 10-21-2007, 01:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Apache

Ghettobob15 is a n00b
Using Sprint and this thing works nice and Smooth...or should I say clean

I have one problem though. I can't play youtube videos because Adobe Flash is making PIE freeze. Could you tell me how to uninstall it?
Old 10-21-2007, 06:20 PM
Indigenous Nudist

Torx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIP
adobe flash?
htc streaming should be the default app to load up when playing youtube videos..and it works perfect for me.
Old 10-21-2007, 06:37 PM
Lurker

Ghettobob15 is a n00b
:/

For me...When I go on youtube.com... The videos on "Videos Being watched right now" is Flash. Which causes PIE to freeze and also my phone.

So I am asking is there a way to uninstall Adobe flash so the "videos being watched right now" doesn't show up and freeze my phone.
Old 10-21-2007, 07:02 PM
Indigenous Nudist

Torx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIP
you mustve installed flash yourself because its not on my v3 sprint.
hmm.
Old 10-21-2007, 07:32 PM
Lurker

Ghettobob15 is a n00b
maybe so, but where can i uninstall it...and its not in 'remove programs'

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development