PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2007, 09:56 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Red face Incoming Call Issues WM6 Radio 1.41 VZW Fixed

Just wanted to post what I found to fix my incoming call issues.

I am currently running WM6 for Verizon with Radio 1.41. I was having issues with not getting a EVDO connection in my area (which they just added coverage to my area in the last month or so) so I did a #2282 update (updated my Roaming capabilities; which I due quit often when I travel).

After doing this Roaming update (Over the Air Programming) I was not able to recieve incoming phone calls. PHone would not switch to the 1x automatically to get the phone call (or mms text message as well). Was stuck in EV connection all the time.

I found this posted:
Solution:
1. Dial ##778 (call) (i.e. ##PST (talk))
2. Choose "edit"
3. Enter all 0's for unlock code. (for verizon at least)
4. Go to "modem settings"
5. Preferred Serving System: "Automatic"
6. Preferred Mode: "Automatic"
7. HDR Hybrid Prefered: "Enabled"

In my case everything seemed ok, but #7 was "disabled" so the phone was always in 1xEVDO (commonly, EVDO) mode. BTW, "DO" of EVDO is for data only. You need to switch to 1xRTT (commonly called 1x) mode for voice calls and that setting basically does just that. So if you're now on a data connection (which can be idle/dormant, but still "connected") and there is an incoming call, the phone suspends the EVDO connection, moves to 1x mode, pick up the call. After the call, the phone moves back to 1xEVDO mode, resuming the data session.

After doing the above, I can now get incoming phone calls, incoming SMS text just fine.

I was dreading having to flash back to stock rom to get stock radio thinking that it was the radio that was messing things up.

Just want to give a shoot out to the folks here at PPCGEEKS. Saved me once again.

Thanks. P.S. Sorry for the extra long post, but thought it worthy of post it again.

NRGz Wiki/FAQ Here
NRGz 29022 Sense 2.5 CHT1.8.5 Jul 4th
Old 10-05-2007, 05:33 PM
N00b

store2000 is a n00b
Ahem ... You might as well give credit and link to the actual post, right? Its on ppcgeeks too, so there is no excuse.

Original : http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...7561#post87561
Old 10-06-2007, 03:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

verizonguy is becoming a great contributor
You don't have to bust his balls...it is common knowledge--it is just that some newer people may not have known about it. While we're discussing this menu and settings, I'll add one piece of information. There is a setting in that menu called "Slot Cycle Index." This controls how often your phone "wakes up" to check for incoming connections. Each "cycle" is 1.28 seconds, so if you have this set to 0 your phone's slot will cycle every 1.28 seconds. If you set the cycle to 1, your phone will sleep for 2.56 seconds at a time, and 3 is 5.12 seconds. This is typically set by default to 2. If you experience frequent delays in incoming connections, you may want to drop this to 1. Just bear in mind the less sleep your phone gets the crankier it gets and as a result you'll have to charge it more often. I personally set mine to 1.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development