PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2007, 02:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker

fitbryan is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Should mention the manual specifically states the screen should be off when performing a soft reset. Im assuming that has to do with not frying it. Does the soft reset app shut screen off before it cycles the OS?

Also, can you put the HTC boot screen back. Its much nice looking lol
Old 09-24-2007, 03:33 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)
Carrier: Sprint

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
The manual states to suspend the device before soft resetting because that commits the pending changes to reg & databases to flash. That is an alternative way to soft reset without losing your text messages, etc. Just power off the device, wait a few seconds, and use the stylus to soft reset.

If you use an app to soft reset you don't need to suspend the device first.
Old 09-24-2007, 03:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC6875 WM6.5
Carrier: Alltel

lennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to lennysh Send a message via AIM to lennysh Send a message via MSN to lennysh Send a message via Yahoo to lennysh Send a message via Skype™ to lennysh
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2chill View Post
The manual states to suspend the device before soft resetting because that commits the pending changes to reg & databases to flash. That is an alternative way to soft reset without losing your text messages, etc. Just power off the device, wait a few seconds, and use the stylus to soft reset.

Once again, I learn something new everyday. Maybe I should have read that manual before i threw it away...

Verizon's (CDMA) PPC-6875 (Rhodium_W/Touch Pro2) with WM6.5

Chat Rooms:
EliteTeam: Java or IRC Client
HTCGeeks: Java or IRC Client
PPCGeeks: Java or IRC Client

Click here to donate to the CDMA Raphael Project Team
Old 09-24-2007, 06:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker

fitbryan is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2chill View Post

showoff :P
Old 09-24-2007, 09:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

verizonguy is becoming a great contributor
Need a quick tester. I'm currently working more on the dialer. With the most recent posted snapshot (devel2) ## codes won't work. Can I have 1 person on verizon using devel2 please hard reset to make sure you're running a clean version, then dial *22899 & the send buton? Does it successfully work or do you get a recording saying they can't successfully activate your phone? I believe ota activation is broken in devel2, just want to verify. Thanks.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker

fitbryan is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by verizonguy View Post
Need a quick tester. I'm currently working more on the dialer. With the most recent posted snapshot (devel2) ## codes won't work. Can I have 1 person on verizon using devel2 please hard reset to make sure you're running a clean version, then dial *22899 & the send buton? Does it successfully work or do you get a recording saying they can't successfully activate your phone? I believe ota activation is broken in devel2, just want to verify. Thanks.
I just installed it last night and activated using *228, option 1. then went back and did option 2 later. worked fine I think?

Last edited by fitbryan; 09-24-2007 at 10:09 PM.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizion Wireless

shawn is a n00b
I just installed devel2 a couple of hours ago. Had no problem with *22899. I did not see any info on the screen and it did not require a reboot as WM5 did. However it did complete the download as far as I can tell. I currently have PRL version 50854. Hope that helps.
Old 09-25-2007, 12:08 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

verizonguy is becoming a great contributor
Thanks, must have been a glitch with verizon's network. I was getting that message earlier today, but now, you're right, it is working fine with *228 and *22899. I have prl v 50855 though.
Old 09-25-2007, 12:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

darufryda5 is just getting started
is there anyway u can take out core media player?? there is a way to watch youtube videos using tcmp..but it doesnt work with it pre installed on the device...
Old 09-25-2007, 12:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizion Wireless

shawn is a n00b
Just tried an update and I am still showing PRL version 50854. Not sure why you have a newer version. Also, thanks for all your hard work on this project. I just upgraded from helmi's original WM6 this afternoon and I can already see great improvements in performance.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development