PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2007, 07:39 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

verizonguy is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Now that the kitchen is available, there is no real reason to continue a pre-cooked rom at this point. I also just bought a brand new i760 and will be selling my xv6700s so I will be spending more time on development of the new phone.

Don't be afraid to try the kitchen. It is really easy to use. A couple of mouse clicks and you're done.

Before criticizing someone, first walk a mile in his shoes...
Then when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away and have his shoes.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:59 AM
Regular 'Geeker

fitbryan is a n00b
aw have fun with the new phone
Old 10-22-2007, 03:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

darufryda5 is just getting started
i dont know how to use the kitchen...can any1 help..lol
Old 10-22-2007, 03:42 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by verizonguy View Post
Now that the kitchen is available, there is no real reason to continue a pre-cooked rom at this point. I also just bought a brand new i760 and will be selling my xv6700s so I will be spending more time on development of the new phone.

Don't be afraid to try the kitchen. It is really easy to use. A couple of mouse clicks and you're done.
Can I ask why you jumped to the i760? PM me with a price you want for your 6700. Have a guy looking for one.

NRGz Wiki/FAQ Here
NRGz 29022 Sense 2.5 CHT1.8.5 Jul 4th
Old 10-22-2007, 10:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Fascinate

Kalnel is just getting started
Thanks for doing this verizonguy -- much appreciated!

In the spirit of reporting -- not complaining! -- I've experienced two problems with this ROM so far.

First, the device keeps "losing" my storage card. It'll show up for a while and then disappear, especially if the device goes to sleep for a while.

Second, it doesn't seem to play well with NoviiRemote Deluxe. For whatever reason, it "unmaps" any hard buttons I try to map with that program if I make a change to the main Windows button settings. (Novii settings are supposed to work only inside Novii.)

If anyone has any insights into addressing these, I'd appreciate all ideas. I like this ROM a lot, but before I start messing around in the kitchen, I want to make sure I have this stuff figured out.

Thanks,
kal
Old 10-23-2007, 11:52 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC6700

agunjal is a n00b
Hello,

I used the Verizon A4 ROM update on my xv6700. After hitting 99% it gave me the following error:

Error 112 CE ROM Error

Now i cant not installed the previous ROM. I keep getting "100 Model ID error"

Can someone please help me?

Thanks
Old 10-23-2007, 05:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Imagio

mad5950 is a n00b
Wouldn't work

Quote:
Originally Posted by robmayer View Post
I haven't tried this, but I was thinking that maybe you could try copying the .nbf file from devel4 and putting it in place of the .nbf of the AKU 3.3. My thinking is that it will think your flashing AKU 3.3 again, which is compatible with the new bootloader, but it will really flash WM6 devel4 because you tricked it by switching the .nbf file out. I think verizonguy renamed his rom file to os.nbf or something though, so you would have to rename it back to nk.nbf. I know if that doesn't work... there is the old bootloader floating around here somewhere. I think the link is in the thread regarding the new official AKU 3.3 release.

Couldn't get this to work. When I tried, it gives me “error 103: ROM image file not found”- Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Myn Warm Donut RL4 on xv6900

tharris297 is keeping up the good worktharris297 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to tharris297 Send a message via AIM to tharris297 Send a message via MSN to tharris297 Send a message via Yahoo to tharris297
Quote:
Originally Posted by agunjal View Post
Hello,

I used the Verizon A4 ROM update on my xv6700. After hitting 99% it gave me the following error:

Error 112 CE ROM Error

Now i cant not installed the previous ROM. I keep getting "100 Model ID error"

Can someone please help me?

Thanks
Looks like I wasn't the only one that got this error. I can tell you that from now own, you will have to use "NoID" RUU as i think you CID is now corrupted. Don't quote me on this, but I think thats what has happened. Like yourself, I cannot install an official rom, but have to use winrar to extract the rom and flash using NoID RUU. Option #2 of you have any of the latest Helmi Roms ... look in the upgrade folder for NoID_RUU .. copy your rom images in there, put your phone in bootloader mode and use APACUpgradeUt_noID.exe to flash your phone. If you have a rom you like .. copy the .nbk in there and flash it to yourphone.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6800

johnjirwin is just getting started
I guess I'm a real putz at doing a new kitchen...
I've been reading and reading and I'm still stuck with a ERROR 103: ROM Image not found message after I run "RUU" > ROMUpgradeUt . I guess I must have missed a step or something (after 1. CreateOS to "DONE" then 2. Create ROM ...all the way to the end.) I have done this over and over and I just can't figure out what I'm missing on this. Running BLoader 1.02

I guess I must be thick ....sorry!

John

Verizon xv6800 - Radio: 3.39.10
No2Chem 5067 - Page Pool 8.85

Major Programs: PocketInformant Beta 8+, eWallet Beta, Pocket Quicken 2.5, Spb Mobile Shell 2.1.0/3363, WkTASK 1.1.7.3
Old 10-24-2007, 11:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6800

johnjirwin is just getting started
Ok ...I didn't read one line in the command prompt!

Well, as Marie Osman said after waking up (after fainting on the dance floor) "OH CRAP!" ...kinda blows my early childhood image of her!
Anyway ....Never mind my last posting about getting stuck in the bootloader screen. One line in the command screen asks to type in 1 2 or 3 ...I was just closing out the screen at that point and going into the upgrade folder and choosing the RUU upgrade exe. Guess I've got to go back to school and relearn "how to follow REAL simple instructions"

Sorry!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development