PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2007, 01:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid Eris
Carrier: Verizon

Gervy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by verizonguy View Post
open registry editor on your phone and search for ##

Thanks. Am I right in assuming I can undo any changes with a fresh ROM install as my nuclear option to undo anything stupid I change?
Old 10-11-2007, 01:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

Schwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gervy View Post
Thanks. Am I right in assuming I can undo any changes with a fresh ROM install as my nuclear option to undo anything stupid I change?
You would be correct.....
Old 10-11-2007, 02:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Gervy is a n00b
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwartz View Post
You would be correct.....
Sweet.... time to play!
Old 10-11-2007, 02:43 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

mlcastro is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlcastro View Post
I'm using development 4 now and it's even more stable then last time. Thanks so much.

However, I've discovered a couple things related to the above:

1. If the screen blanks out you have to slide out the keyboard, turn the display off, then turn it back on (this will fix it 9 out of 10 times)

2. If I have problems with the hard keys not responding (I.E. I may have to hit the hard key 4, 5 times before it may or may not respond), I pull the keyboard out and it works perfectly (fast response time, etc.)

Any ideas?
Anyone? =/
Old 10-11-2007, 04:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

verizonguy is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlcastro
1. If the screen blanks out you have to slide out the keyboard, turn the display off, then turn it back on (this will fix it 9 out of 10 times)

2. If I have problems with the hard keys not responding (I.E. I may have to hit the hard key 4, 5 times before it may or may not respond), I pull the keyboard out and it works perfectly (fast response time, etc.)

Any ideas?
Anyone? =/
I have 3 xv6700s used for rom testing all running devel4 right now and haven't experienced either of those problems on any of the 3 apaches.

Try this to isolate things:
Flash devel4 to your phone again and then hard reset. Run it for 2 days without installing anything or putting anything on it other than contacts.

After 2 days, if you have no problems, install 1 application or item to your phone, give it a day, and if still no problems rinse and repeat (add another item) until you start seeing those symptoms again. This should give us an idea of what is causing the problems.
Old 10-11-2007, 05:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

darufryda5 is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by neo1982 View Post
Yep that was it - I went in, checked it out and found my slot cycle already was at 1. My guess is that the amount of extra time its taking is accessing the SD card for the mp3 ring tone. I would bet dollars to donuts that the other guy with this problem has mp3s on a card that the ringer is accessing.

u are 100% right..i never thought that might be the problem..lol..i even deleted the picture of contacts i had saved on the sd card cuz i thought it was takin too long for the pics to load up from the sd card..

but i never thought of the ringers...lol....thnx man..
Old 10-11-2007, 09:15 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

sph33r is a n00b
Just upgraded from Devel2 to Devel4 .. seems a tad bit laggy? I've had the stock install freeze up when clicking the down arrow on the HTC Task Manager. It freezes, then 30 seconds or more, it catches up. I noticed that when you go into Options, both of the "close when I hit x" buttons are checked. I thought maybe that caused it but the phone froze again later after I installed some stuff.

Anyone else noticing this? It also seems like it takes a split second to react to the button presses sometimes.
Old 10-11-2007, 09:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

verizonguy is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by sph33r View Post
Just upgraded from Devel2 to Devel4 .. seems a tad bit laggy? I've had the stock install freeze up when clicking the down arrow on the HTC Task Manager. It freezes, then 30 seconds or more, it catches up. I noticed that when you go into Options, both of the "close when I hit x" buttons are checked. I thought maybe that caused it but the phone froze again later after I installed some stuff.

Anyone else noticing this? It also seems like it takes a split second to react to the button presses sometimes.
If the task manager isn't playing nicely with the apps it's hooking, disable it.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6700

neo1982 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by darufryda5 View Post
u are 100% right..i never thought that might be the problem..lol..i even deleted the picture of contacts i had saved on the sd card cuz i thought it was takin too long for the pics to load up from the sd card..

but i never thought of the ringers...lol....thnx man..
glad to assist
Old 10-12-2007, 08:23 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Gervy is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by sph33r View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by verizonguy View Post
If the task manager isn't playing nicely with the apps it's hooking, disable it.

That's a great solution.
[patient] - "Hey doc, it hurts when I move my arm like this."
[Doc] - "So don't move your arm like that."

Just to chime in: I find Dev4 most certainly sluggish, slow to respond to button-presses, and freezes up on me alot. (And the only software I have installed on it is RSA SecurID Soft-Token).

When I get a chance, I plan on ditching HTC HOME, which I think is the culprit, and loading back in SPB Mobile.
Anyone know a graceful way to stop HTC Home from loading? (If I remove it from the TODAY screen, is that like removing a program from STARTUP on a PC, it won't load at all? Or is part of it still in the background somehow?)

Gervy

Last edited by Gervy; 10-12-2007 at 08:25 AM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development