PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2009, 09:22 AM
BlackBerry Hater
Pocket PC: All Cdma HTC's
Carrier: $0 VZW Emp Demo
Threadstarter

Getitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Apache Kitchen Update LZX

I played around with it and had it working on same builds no idea other than a bad oem (remote desktop in ppck is old and will mess a build up) or bad .rom. Make sure you are using a .rom folder in sys from a wm6.1 build.
Attached Files
File Type: rar .ROM.rar (664 Bytes, 8 views) Click for barcode!
Old 10-08-2009, 02:38 PM
cya
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6700, Excalibur, TP
Carrier: Verizon, TMobile

cya is becoming a great contributor

dennygun ... on a few of JJB's SYS_xxxxx_Common.rar files I've had nonbooters so I've run FolderMatch and reviewed the changes. I've found what appear to be the same Folder / Files in prior builds when compared with FolderMatch have had differences (ie ... same name, same files, same size but something in one or more of the actual files has been changed). I recall finding variations in AUTOUPDATE, GPSID, MODEMLINK, NetCF, RemoteDesktopMobile, and Webview. Some of the folders can just be removed like NetCF, MODEMLINK, and RemoteDesktopMobile as the Apache kitchen provides these. GPSID is not supported by the Apache and I haven't used AUTOUPDATE so they can be removed as well. I have taken Webview from past booters and overwritten the current one provided and had successful builds but I haven't been able to isolate it to just Webview. I've not fooled around with the Shell, OS, OSModule folders.

My Apache rom flashing is just for entertainment / education as I don't use it daily any longer ... plus I have two so it makes flashing and testing changes easier. If you have any questions I'd gladly try to help but my knowledge / experience is limited.

cya

Just an FYI for you to think about ... I'm using drellisdee's most recent updates for my builds, I take JJB's Apache_xxxxx_xip.BIN and use lennySH's XIPKitchen_Beta6 to port to LZX per drellisdee's instruction, I use apache_lzx_source as even though I was able to build rom's with drellisdee's tweaked source .BIN I had issues with use.

I see you're listing using 23060 in you're signature so I figure you're on to the newer builds than 23053 question that I'm responding to. I found 23060 to be a nice rom but 23420 for me has been the best. Without any testing my "seat of the pants" judgement is that it is faster and has very little if any memory leaks. So good in fact I've passed on downloading and testing the JJB's build he's posted lately.

edit: Past WindowsLive and WindowsLiveIM have been issues but latest folders work fine in 23420

Last edited by cya; 10-13-2009 at 11:23 PM.
Old 10-14-2009, 06:59 AM
PPCKitchen Crew
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

joojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Hey drellisdee, just curious as to what all was changed in the XIP to support LZX?

I plan on posting LZX enabled XIPs from here on out, but was just wondering just for the sake of knowing.

And what the hell is going on with these newer COM3/4 builds? Do you still have an Apache to test with?
Old 10-15-2009, 12:33 AM
BlackBerry Hater
Threadstarter

Getitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Yes I still have an apache to test with. They work fine for me but im still using an older custom version of buildos.exe not the ppckdev but doubt thats why. Usually its a bad .rom or bad oem that blocking boots and occasionally an xip. To do LZX you have to hex edit the string in the payload at the start of IMGFS from "XPR" to "LZX" and use the supplied cecompr_nt in buildos tools. You also have to swap the original XPR cecompr.dll from oem xip kernel for the LZX one. FYI the one I'm using if you dump my xip is both LZX & XPR decompression enabled so you can swap LZX/XPR payloads for a test boot if one fails. The LZX or XPR string in IMGFS in the payload used as a template tells Build OS what compression type to use.

Last edited by Getitnowmarketing; 10-15-2009 at 08:09 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-15-2009, 04:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC 6700
Carrier: Mobile 8

dennygun is just getting started

drellisdee, if it's not so much trouble, could you be so kind uploading your kitchen for Apache please.. so anxius to try..

rgds,

denny
Old 10-15-2009, 08:11 AM
BlackBerry Hater
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennygun View Post
drellisdee, if it's not so much trouble, could you be so kind uploading your kitchen for Apache please.. so anxius to try..

rgds,

denny
Can't as its static linked to my login. The common/96DPI can be used from ones I make occasionally or JooJooBee's you just have to create your own device and build base .txt files.
Old 10-15-2009, 08:23 AM
PPCKitchen Crew

joojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by drellisdee View Post
Yes I still have an apache to test with. They work fine for me but im still using an older custom version of buildos.exe not the ppckdev but doubt thats why. Usually its a bad .rom or bad oem that blocking boots and occasionally an xip. To do LZX you have to hex edit the string in the payload at the start of IMGFS from "XPR" to "LZX" and use the supplied cecompr_nt in buildos tools. You also have to swap the original XPR cecompr.dll from oem xip kernel for the LZX one. FYI the one I'm using if you dump my xip is both LZX & XPR decompression enabled so you can swap LZX/XPR payloads for a test boot if one fails. The LZX or XPR string in IMGFS in the payload used as a template tells Build OS what compression type to use.
Thanks for you reply, that's some great information.

As far as the COM3, you are not having problems with 23064 or 23069? I have been using the same .ROM since I started posting PPCKitchen files back in June (or whenever, not real sure), so I kinda doubt that's the problem unless the Apache needs a different one now? But that wouldn't make any sense.

Wish I had one to test with, so I can put this issue to rest.

Last edited by joojoobee666; 10-15-2009 at 09:42 AM.
Old 10-15-2009, 03:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Apache
Carrier: Verizon

spugemaster is a n00b

I'm using 23420 on my apache currently. I've been using it for about a week now with no problems as far as I can tell besides the occasional disappearance of the lock icon and the fact that I can't create an email account.

I see 23071 is the latest, but how is it newer than 23420?

Is there a place where I can read up about that. I've been searching for a while.

I ask because I'm interested in trying out this LZX compression with the latest. I have 2 apaches and I don't mind experimenting on them.
Old 10-16-2009, 12:03 AM
BlackBerry Hater
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spugemaster View Post
I'm using 23420 on my apache currently. I've been using it for about a week now with no problems as far as I can tell besides the occasional disappearance of the lock icon and the fact that I can't create an email account.

I see 23071 is the latest, but how is it newer than 23420?

Is there a place where I can read up about that. I've been searching for a while.

I ask because I'm interested in trying out this LZX compression with the latest. I have 2 apaches and I don't mind experimenting on them.
I've noticed with facebook app installed you lose the ability to add email accounts on later 6.5 builds for apache.
Old 10-16-2009, 11:59 AM
PPCKitchen Crew

Hey drellisdee, update on the Apache issues. Looks like it is one or more of the files that gets recmodded that is causing the issues with Apaches not booting on the newer com3/4 builds. Thanks to Dennygun for helping me with some testing. But I just thought you might want to know, along with all the other guys here on this thread. I will have some 23071 common files up for ppck on the dev thread shortly that should have the issue addressed.

Thanks drellisdee and dennygun.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development