PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Apache Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Apache WM6 CE OS 5.2.1620 (Build 18125.0.4.2) Bugs/Patches (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=7780)

nico4k 09-06-2007 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jnjn (Post 81340)
Mine seems even not connect to WEP secured APs. However, I'm not very sure about that, just tested it once with WEP. But WPA-PSK is definitely not working.

Mine have the same issue, sometimes i can connect to Wpa-psk (Tkip of course) and most of the time it don't. after i soft reset the device several times, it begins working (specially if you soft reset with the wi-fi On). Sometimes it disconnects for no reason asking me for the key again, but never connects after that. Then i soft reset several times and it starts working for a few hours again...weird. Amazing Job on the WM6 Upgrade Helmi_C. You know your stuff.

kienkham 09-06-2007 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morganpe (Post 83151)
All in all very happy.
For you medical types:
Running Epocrates with no problem

Pocket Informant 2007 does not install however. Worked on every previous version of WM5 I had. Any ideas? I like my calander color coded, are there any other options**************

OK I noticed the post above said it was running - I downloaded the newest version of PI and it installed no problem.

Work very well on my. I installed it on Extended ROM. Infact, I have had several hard reset, re-install PI 2007 after the hard reset, alway works.

fitbryan 09-06-2007 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by r0bd (Post 83510)
Sorry if anyone else posted this as I tried to search and read through the endless posts, but only made it half way.

i installed the wm6 on my verizon xv6700 non 1.02 bootloader. my txt messages seem to be "delayed"

by delayed i mean that when i look at my phone, the htc home shows 0 new txt messages. ill get a new txt notification and it will say 2 new txt messages, i goto the inbox and one is from a second ago, and the other is from an hour ago.

i saw it happen multiple times where it wouldnt notify or show as a new txt message.

so when i was txting back and forth with people, when i didnt get a response after a while, i would click on the 0 displayed for new messages, and it woud THEN notify me of a new txt and show it on the screen.

i did let the carrier customizations install and am going to try that now.

anyone else have any clue or see a similar problem?

other than that, it has been amazing =)

Having same issue. Any idea what is causing this?

vintageagain 09-06-2007 03:57 PM

Ok install was fine, but I noticed one thing, Since VC was removed i can't do the HACk to get MSVC to see the Bluetooth. No OEM\Voice Commend Registory to edit. ANyone know how i can get MSVC to worth with Bluetooth like before now ? I loved not having to reach for the phone to activate Voice Dial.

Dave

fitbryan 09-06-2007 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sethlo (Post 82598)
A few bugs:

1. sprint rom seems to default in vibrate mode. Even after fussing with the comm manager vibrate button and taking off vibrate, the phone consistently switches back to vibrate on its own. After a soft reset, and more fussing with the comm manager vibrate button, it finally switches to "ringer" mode. If I press "ok" hard button after taking off vibrate to minimize it seems to help. I have HTC task manager set to minimize, not close apps.

2. phone also seems to wake itself up. When charging, the backlight will not stay off. Also, seems to happen when not charging as well. Screen will light up on its own.

3. Can confirm the default backlight time is hard to kill. Keeps going back to the default. (10 seconds? or maybe its 30 -- I like to set it to one minute).

I have these exact issues on the Verizon ROM as well.

loverspeak7 09-06-2007 04:03 PM

I am new here. Can someone point me to the thread about internet sharing. I installed the new OS thanks to Helmi and internet sharing says connected but the actual internet on my computer is not working. I plugged my phone in first, had active sync disabled, this pressed connect. It say connected but i cannot access the internet on my pc.

runt 09-06-2007 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loverspeak7 (Post 83624)
I am new here. Can someone point me to the thread about internet sharing. I installed the new OS thanks to Helmi and internet sharing says connected but the actual internet on my computer is not working. I plugged my phone in first, had active sync disabled, this pressed connect. It say connected but i cannot access the internet on my pc.

try hitting connect then hook it up to your computer.

i'm just wishing i could use it as a modem again..........

loverspeak7 09-06-2007 04:11 PM

what is the difference....

reallyrob 09-06-2007 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vintageagain (Post 83621)
Ok install was fine, but I noticed one thing, Since VC was removed i can't do the HACk to get MSVC to see the Bluetooth. No OEM\Voice Commend Registory to edit. ANyone know how i can get MSVC to worth with Bluetooth like before now ? I loved not having to reach for the phone to activate Voice Dial.

Dave

I installed MSVC after flashing the wm6 rom and I have no trouble with it at all, except that it doesn't announce incoming caller id. did you do a soft reset after installing it?

cakek 09-06-2007 06:24 PM

Some of you had mentioned that you had gotten the TCPMP to work. Can you all explain how?!!! I have read where you reinstall it over the top of the ROM version. But I did that and I still just get sound and no video. I've also read where you need the additional codecs. Tried that too!! This is driving me nuts. HELP!!!