PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Apache Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   PDAJ's Clean WM6.5 ROM 4 Apache (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=77355)

gerkey 02-12-2010 01:22 AM

Re: PDAJ's Clean WM6.5 ROM 4 Apache

i seen this phone on ebay and was like what a joke... then i studied up on it and to say i cant wait for it to arrive..... i use it on page plus do you think i can use the internet with them i get 20mb a month is that alot .... and what would be a good version to start out with i wanna use stereo bluetooth headphones ad2p come with 6.5 and what about touch flow?

tiggntampa813 02-13-2010 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noracowan (Post 1496996)
i really need help i am paying for a data package that i can't use because i can not get my phone linked to the web HELP i have done the #777 and it keeps coming back network log on there is no certificates on this phone nor does it show there is anything HELP! i like having to use things i pay for the person i purchased this from used the net on it and he said it worked xv6700 vzw needs help please i don';t have the getting started cd and this is driving me insane please help me.

umm #777 i think (dnt quote me) but is for sprint.. not vzw.

somebody let me know if this is correct

tiggntampa813 02-13-2010 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vjpstd (Post 1550166)
i mucked up my phone --- its was loading then got to 99% and died i was hoping for 100% but got some-sort of error instead

i have been getting errors --many different errors since the 99%problem
i feel like i have tried all the different loaders expect the right one

i think you should flash back to your original OEM ROM, then re-try the 6.5 ROM

madman9687 02-16-2010 12:41 PM

So, I've scoured the entire thread hoping to see someone with the same problem as me, but I guess my issue is unique. I've been running the clean ROM for a little under a month, with no problem. As recently as yesterday, my phone started to respond extremely late to almost every command. I can't access Internet Explorer anymore, and almost all of the built in applications take forever to load, including my text messaging and task manager. I don't have any external applications loaded, and I haven't made any modifications personally. I have over 30 MB of storage space and generally about 22 MB of RAM. If anyone has any ideas concerning what might be wrong with my phone, please help me!

trigger13 02-16-2010 10:16 PM

hey im really enjoying this rom, installed it last night, working great, no lag at all, the only prob is that it does not recognize the miniSD card

Shyne916 03-01-2010 03:51 PM

had problem installing with windows 7 x64 but when i use vmware xp pro works like a charm

khashi 03-06-2010 06:39 PM

i got this 6.5 app to install onto my xv6700 (1.04 bootloader) but the only issue i have is when i preform the hard reset, the screen just goes back to serial and bootloading screen. i tried a handful of times but however i hard reset, it does not boot : / any ideas?

softy@me 04-04-2010 10:32 PM

ummm.............. I have got a Verizon xv6700 & i would like a windows 6.5 and can u give me the link and some directions..... You guys are alot of help

softy@me 04-04-2010 10:34 PM

Oh i would also like to add facebook and myspace and some fun games if i can now not nessary..... really but ok thanks for you guys can help...

awdnut 04-06-2010 09:29 PM

The links and instructions are all right here. Lots of people have come on here, read the thread, clicked the links, and got WM6.5, myself included. We know you can do it too because PDA Junkie made it SO easy!

Having said that, I do have some issues with the ROM on my Telus HTC Apache (UTStarcom)...

The lock screen application was acting oddly after trying to set the "hint" to some recovery info. I tried a few resets and eventually removed the battery to get it working again. It actually came up with the old lock screen once after that and I just said "enough" and disabled the password on the lock screen.

In 6.1 you can 'hibernate' (turn off) the phone while playing music and music keeps playing. In fact if music was paused when you power off the phone, it started playing again and it was a bit of a trick to turn the phone off so that it's not in media player or on the media plugin in the today screen.

In 6.5 turning off the phone stops music playback. I found the screen toggle option in the media center options but that sucks as it's very easy to bump the phone and call the last person you were talking to. Eventually I got smart and locked the screen (WinKey + Button1) but the phone never seemed to 'hibernate' even when it was way past the hibernation value I set in the power settings.

I haven't tried data yet but at this point I'm looking at getting a 6.5 kitchen and cooking my own to get a better blend of what I need.. (SDHC/CPUXScale/Freecell/VoiceCommand/etc..)

Still this was a great preview of the improvements to 6.5 and a few of the 'problems' . ;)

wilddoktor 04-26-2010 08:17 PM

Wow...just decided to google around and see if there's a way to put wm6.5 on my Verizon xv6700; looks like I hit the jackpot! :-)

Phone info:
ROM 1.00. When I do a soft reset, I see the following:
H/W=2
M=12
U=4
P snaz-40306
R 1.10.00
D 2.07.20 wwe

So, I've read the entire thread and I've still got a couple questions before I give this a try:

1. I'm currently on the grandfathered plan w/Verizon (had the phone and plan for around 4 years) with no data. If install this upgrade, is that going to require a change to my Verizon plan?

2. Noteing that cell calls, voicemail, all the Verizon stuff is currently working, is this upgrade just plug n play from Verizon's standpoint? Meaning, am I going to have to call them and give them my ESN or anything like that?

Just want to have my ducks lined up before attempting this; don't want Verizon to be able to say "Well, now you owe us and extra $30/month for a data plan"!

Thanks!
Bill
<><

wilddoktor 04-26-2010 10:25 PM

Well, I just couldn't wait, so I went for it!

150 ROM error.

Fired up XP Mode within Win7 and tried a more simple radio upgrade...success!

Then tried this upgrade: SUCCESS!

Thank you SO MUCH for providing this; I'm playing with it right now. This should tide me over till Christmas and Windows Phone 7... :-)

craywm 05-14-2010 08:47 AM

Hey does anyone know if i flash this over to my verizon xv6700 2.05 if i will be able to flash another rom over with more programs?

jjdrake 09-02-2010 04:59 PM

Hello people i have the PPC6700 (CDMA version).. Do you think this version work for me?

Lynx_Gen 09-29-2010 09:44 PM

aight all, my puter wont seem to run the kitchen, keeps crashing out, so i opted for the next best thing, a clean 6.5, which is to be found here.

My other 6700 has been running your 6.1 rom for several months perfectly :D

as it is, i just got another 6700 for free, and decided it needs a boost.

anyways, it has the 2.02 bootloader.

both links on the front page say:

Links:
v1.00-v1.02-v2.02
v1.00-v1.02-v2.02

?????

the first link wont work, and the when extracting the 2nd it comes out as:

PDAJ WM6.5 Apache v1.04-v2.04-v2.05

so im assuming this wont work on mine?

if anyone has link for a version of the 6.5 rom that works with the 2.02 bootloader, id be grateful!

Thanks in advance!!!

~L~

hsiaopz 12-19-2010 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynx_Gen (Post 1960772)

both links on the front page say:

Links:
v1.00-v1.02-v2.02
v1.00-v1.02-v2.02

?????

the first link wont work, and the when extracting the 2nd it comes out as:

PDAJ WM6.5 Apache v1.04-v2.04-v2.05

so im assuming this wont work on mine?

if anyone has link for a version of the 6.5 rom that works with the 2.02 bootloader, id be grateful!

Thanks in advance!!!

~L~

I have the same question. Anyone have a link?

tribudisantoso 12-21-2010 09:21 AM

the first link on mediafire
v1.00-v1.02-v2.02
is broken (the file has been deleted)
please anyone who has the working link on mediafire esp. rom 6.5 for BL v1.00 for Sprint or No ID is very much needed. Thanks!

SmooTh_On 12-21-2010 04:37 PM

THIS ROM WILL ONLY WORK IF YOU HAVE BOOTLOADER v1.04 0R v2.04 ! ! IF YOU ARE TRYING TO UPGRADE TO WINDOWS MOBILE 6.5 & YOU HAVE BOOTLOADER v2.02 !!! Visit my Page !!! I HAVE FOUND THE CORRECT BOOTLOADER, WITH BUILD THAT HAS BEEN COOKED PROFESSIONALLY !!! :headbang:

SmooTh_On 12-21-2010 04:54 PM

You will have to e-mail at www.smooth_on@att.net , I have Windows Mobile OS 6.5 Rom with BootLoader Version 2.02 ! ! ! This Rom works only with Version 1.02 & 2.02 BootLoader ONLY !!!! Cooked to Perfection ! Lol !

madmax1600 01-22-2011 03:35 AM

i was wondering if you can post one of these for cricket use and would it have working talk, sms, mms, web, and wifi without any problems? and if you have any links for programs to do this it would help out alot. i have an alltel branded ppc 6700 with wm5.0. i would like to do a flash myself and save something like $60. my boot loader is v 2.02

thanks in advance
Jeremy

ps... i dont have a cricket account yet as i dont have money for it at this time

bj123456 03-10-2011 01:39 PM

Hi, The first link does not work for the 2.02 bootloader. Thanks Bill

Tinkerbell 03-10-2011 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bj123456 (Post 2066771)
Hi, The first link does not work for the 2.02 bootloader. Thanks Bill

Thank you for the information! What error number did you get? Bootloader 2.02 is a fickle little guy!

gmaslin 10-12-2011 08:14 PM

I've spent the last two days reading and I'm still unsure of what to do but here is the device information of this Verizon XV6700:

ROM:1.05.00 WWE
date:10/11/05
radio:1.05.00
Proto:SNAZ-40306
ExtROM:1.05.201 WWE
H/W:0041
PRL:50708
PRI:1.13_002
WWW:MSIE 4.01
Model:PA10A1
RAM:64MB

I have .NET 4 installed on my Server 2008 (Vista based) along with buildos.msi and several other applications made to play with this phone but I would really like some hand holding so here are the questions I'd like answered before I start:

Will the method described here work on my version of the BL and ROM?
I've moved to New York City, will I need to change my PRL?
Should I update my BL to version 2.05 even though it may not work very well with my hardware version?

Tinkerbell 10-12-2011 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmaslin (Post 2150014)
Will the method described here work on my version of the BL and ROM?

Hi gmaslin!! First of all, it is great that you are looking to customize your device. If you are still running windows mobile 5.0 on that little guy, you are in for a real treat!! We need to know what your Bootloader version is before we can proceed. Press Power+Record+Reset holding these three until the screen goes dark. Now, what number do you see at the top of the screen? That is your Bootloader number. For example; v2.05
Quote:

I've moved to New York City, will I need to change my PRL?
No, that will not be necessary!
Quote:

Should I update my BL to version 2.05 even though it may not work very well with my hardware version?
No, it is much better to work with what you have than to try and change your bootloader number!!

gmaslin 10-13-2011 08:00 AM

I thought the information above indicated that my BL was 1.05.00 WWE. Anyway, I tried holding both the record and power buttons while punching the reset button and the display went black. How long does it stay black and what should I expect to see? The display has not turned back on and is faint but reads serial v 1.02

Tinkerbell 10-13-2011 08:49 AM

Okay, great. So you need to flash a Rom that is built for v1.02. To exit the bootloader screen, just press the reset button and your phone will reboot!!

gmaslin 10-13-2011 11:36 AM

Tinkerbell
Done, thanks. My ultimate goal is to use this device with any carrier and have full WiFi capability as a modem. I found instructions on how to make this device agnostic below:

Check out the link on the HF UT Starcom/Audiovox Forum

(thanks to Oleg106, with minor formatting edits)

"How to avoid Verizon customization, more memory & features.

This is actually pretty simple and does not require any hacks whatsoever.

What you will get:

'Unbranded' phone without any Verizon customization!

More memory, ~10MB more for me. The MMS package alone uses around 4MB.

No Verizon links, no EVDO, no bs.

You can still install the customizations later if you need any of them, I don’t.

More features. The phone application alone has like 4 new services to play with.

Wifi & phone can be used at the same time, no need to edit the registry.
Possibly obex and other crap Verizon took out.

Steps:

1. Hard reboot the phone. This is done by holding the two soft keys and pressing the reset button. Hit "Y" to continue.

2. Go through the screen calibration, zone and password screens.

3. When you get to the "Complete" blue screen where it asks you to tap to start using the device, put the stylus on the reset button but don't press it.

4. Tap on the screen. You will get a message saying that the OEM (Verizon) customizations will be installed on 3 seconds.

5. Hit reset as soon as you see the message and you're all set.

When the phone reboots you will have a fully functional 'unbranded' phone without all the garbage Verizon adds to it.

WiFi and phone can be used at the same time - there are no longer any locks. Obex may work as well, I have no way to test it. Also, you get some extra menu items here and there. Works flawlessly.

If you do need some of the crap Verizon installs, open up the Extended ROM partition and install it by clicking on the cabs. Don't run the remove. cab."

See linked thread for more information!

I did this on the VX6700 I have and it works great (no hacks required).

I did turn EVDO back on - very easy to do as noted below:

(modified from Xterra13)

"Steps:

1. Open Settings and select the Connections Tab.
2. Click Connections.
3. Add a new modem connection.
4. Name the connection whatever you want.
5. Select Cellular Line as the modem.
6. Enter #777 as the number to dial.
7. Enter User Name number@vzw3g.com and password vzw; leave domain blank. (Xterra13 suggested leaving all blank and the setting thru PIE).
8. Click Finish.
9. Go to Connections and select Advanced Tab.
10. Click 'Select Networks'.
11. Under Network Management, select 'My Work Network' in both slots.
12. You may have to select Edit to make sure the EVDO Modem is selected."

Will this accomplish my goal and if it does, would it prevent me from making use of any known Verizon exploits?

Tinkerbell 10-14-2011 01:31 PM

Humm... that is an interesting theory. I have never run across this particular customization. I would give it a shot, if that is what you are looking for. Let us know how it works for you!!
Personally, I find wm5.0 is almost unusable by today's standards. The Apache is very capable of running wm6.5 if you are interested in a more functional device! Either way, have a great time out there!!

http://mediumhill.com/Tinkerbell/Tin...inkerbell1.jpg