PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Apache Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   PDAJ's Clean WM6.1 ROM 4 Apache (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=76739)

kalel410 08-07-2009 02:32 AM

Re: PDAJ's Clean WM6.1 ROM 4 Apache
 
OK, 3 files in startup... custTDYTSK, poutlook, and VCDaemon. Sound about right?

kalel410 08-07-2009 02:38 AM

Re: PDAJ's Clean WM6.1 ROM 4 Apache
 
And without the hard reset, Contacts wouldn't load. With the hard reset and the customizations, Contacts now syncs properly and loads properly. Shame on me for forgetting to hard reset that last go-around... shame, shame, shame! :)

Thanks for your help and patience, PDAJ!

kalel410 08-07-2009 02:53 AM

Re: PDAJ's Clean WM6.1 ROM 4 Apache
 
One more thing while I've got you here, PDAJ. Back in the old days, under WM5, when I connect to the Internet through Sprint, The old EV symbols would turn to white arrows --with a little EV-- when active on the net. When there's been no activity for a bit, those two white arrows turned grey.

With your WM6.1 ROM, I notice that the EV icon at the top stays the same when connected through Sprint to the Internet. However it replaces the wireless icon to the right with the white arrows when active. My problem is that where there's no activity, the white arrows don't turn to grey. So, how to know if there is still activity going on or not with a quick glance? For all I know, since the arrows are still white, I could be still doing transfers (although I'm not really, so those white arrows are misleading for not turning grey?)

OK, that's it for tonight!

Kalel.

PDAPhoneJunkie 08-07-2009 03:31 PM

Re: PDAJ's Clean WM6.1 ROM 4 Apache
 
Hi Kale, in these new builds/ROMs the EvDo and 1X connection notify buttons work a little bit different, but when the connection is in-active, it will go grey. If you have any other issues feel free to let me know. Glad your device is working :)

kalel410 08-11-2009 02:32 PM

Re: PDAJ's Clean WM6.1 ROM 4 Apache
 
Hey there PDAJ. I'm having oodles of fun with your new build. (Only hung on me once... be improvement over wm5,.)

Still, the net activity/notify button never goes grey, even when there's no activity. So, I can tell there's no activity because my battery doesn't die even if the little white arrows stay white all day. But, they never, ever turn grey for me.

While I have you here... a couple of (ok, several) more questions.

1) can your Customizations Tools prog ever be run, not just during a hard reset, but whenever, in case something cans wiped and I need to reload part of your custom set up?

2) I'm trying to set button 5 (the one used for recording) under the Buttons Setting. Button 5 (press and hold) is in the buttons list and is set for recording. But, plain ol' Button 5 (no press and hold) is not in the list. Instead, it's got something instead called Cyberon Voice Commander listed instead of "Button 5". (Under WM5, there was a plain ol' Button 5.)

How do I wipe that Cyberon definition and restore "Button 5"? I want to assign regular Button 5 (not the press and hold version) to my Microsoft Voice Command package.

3) So, as you can see above, I'm using Microsoft's Voice Command, and I don't want to use the Cyberon Voice Commander prog, but I can't find the Cyberon product in the Remove Programs setting window. How can I remove the Cyberon product from the phone? (I do see your Customization Tools in the Remove Programs settings, but, I like your customizations, so I'm afraid to remove Customizations Tools.)

4 a) What's in your Customization Tools? What's getting customized? Is there a list somewhere?

4 b) What happens if I remove the Customizations Tools package from Remove Programs?

and finally... (whew!)

5) ActiveSync. Yeah, I know, it's not a big deal for many people to keep it continually started up, but I tell you, I'm trying to keep it from starting up, and I've tried all the old tricks, the fake domain and turning off time syncronization, while setting the activesync schedule to manual. That all works fine under WM5 for me to prevent activesync to startup. But, under your WM6.1 build (and it might be for other 6.1 builds). it just keeps starting back up again. Whenever it comes back on, it just keeps turning on my phone (and I don't want it so bright all the time when I'm trying to sleep). So, if I can prevent activesync from turning on, that's a bonus for me. So, what's the trick under your build to do so?

Thanks so much again for your wm6.1 build, PDAJ. It's really given me a new phone!

Kalel

PDAPhoneJunkie 08-11-2009 03:46 PM

Re: PDAJ's Clean WM6.1 ROM 4 Apache
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kalel410 (Post 1094587)
Hey there PDAJ. I'm having oodles of fun with your new build. (Only hung on me once... be improvement over wm5,.)

Still, the net activity/notify button never goes grey, even when there's no activity. So, I can tell there's no activity because my battery doesn't die even if the little white arrows stay white all day. But, they never, ever turn grey for me.

While I have you here... a couple of (ok, several) more questions.

1) can your Customizations Tools prog ever be run, not just during a hard reset, but whenever, in case something cans wiped and I need to reload part of your custom set up?

2) I'm trying to set button 5 (the one used for recording) under the Buttons Setting. Button 5 (press and hold) is in the buttons list and is set for recording. But, plain ol' Button 5 (no press and hold) is not in the list. Instead, it's got something instead called Cyberon Voice Commander listed instead of "Button 5". (Under WM5, there was a plain ol' Button 5.)

How do I wipe that Cyberon definition and restore "Button 5"? I want to assign regular Button 5 (not the press and hold version) to my Microsoft Voice Command package.

3) So, as you can see above, I'm using Microsoft's Voice Command, and I don't want to use the Cyberon Voice Commander prog, but I can't find the Cyberon product in the Remove Programs setting window. How can I remove the Cyberon product from the phone? (I do see your Customization Tools in the Remove Programs settings, but, I like your customizations, so I'm afraid to remove Customizations Tools.)

4 a) What's in your Customization Tools? What's getting customized? Is there a list somewhere?

4 b) What happens if I remove the Customizations Tools package from Remove Programs?

and finally... (whew!)

5) ActiveSync. Yeah, I know, it's not a big deal for many people to keep it continually started up, but I tell you, I'm trying to keep it from starting up, and I've tried all the old tricks, the fake domain and turning off time syncronization, while setting the activesync schedule to manual. That all works fine under WM5 for me to prevent activesync to startup. But, under your WM6.1 build (and it might be for other 6.1 builds). it just keeps starting back up again. Whenever it comes back on, it just keeps turning on my phone (and I don't want it so bright all the time when I'm trying to sleep). So, if I can prevent activesync from turning on, that's a bonus for me. So, what's the trick under your build to do so?

Thanks so much again for your wm6.1 build, PDAJ. It's really given me a new phone!

Kalel

Buttons get listed different with different ROMs, it has to do with drivers and such. You can use the button that's asigned to CVC to MSVC. As for the customization, it's only stuff from the extended rom that the carriers put in. I reccomend not unsing any of it...

For ActiiveSync, I use MeMaid to delete some of the notification que for ActiveSYnc.

kalel410 08-12-2009 12:33 AM

Re: PDAJ's Clean WM6.1 ROM 4 Apache
 
So, what button is assigned to CVC? Remember, in the button list, it's not labeled with a number, so I have no idea which physical button CVC is assigned to.

In the button list:

Button Assignment
------------------------------------------------
Cyberon Voice Commander Voice Commander

So, which physical button is that?

And, how do I uninstall CVC?

Kalel

kalel410 08-12-2009 12:40 AM

Re: PDAJ's Clean WM6.1 ROM 4 Apache
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kalel410 (Post 1095834)
So, what button is assigned to CVC? Remember, in the button list, it's not labeled with a number, so I have no idea which physical button CVC is assigned to.

In the button list:

Button Assignment
------------------------------------------------
Cyberon Voice Commander Voice Commander

So, which physical button is that?

And, how do I uninstall CVC?

Kalel

Oh yes, also, even still not knowing what physical button is CVC, if I try to assign MSVC to the CVC entry in the Buttons Settings window, I get the following message:

"Each program button must have a unique button assignment. Please select a different button assignment."

As you can see, WM6.1 won't let me assign MSVC to CVC's "button".

Any ideas to fix that?

(Of course, I'd like to just assign MSVC to Button 5, but there _is_ no Button 5 listed. Is there any way around this problem so that I can take advantage of Button 5? (without press-n-hold, as previously mentioned. I've got it assigned to a non-convenient button at the moment, just to make sure I could assign MSVC to at least some button.)

Kalel

kalel410 08-12-2009 12:45 AM

Re: PDAJ's Clean WM6.1 ROM 4 Apache
 
So, I just figured out why I was getting that error message I just posted. And that's because I tried to assign MSVC to CVC, when I already had MSVC assigned to the non-convenient button. I changed that assignment, and now I can assign MSVC to CVC.

But, again the same problem, I don't know what physical button your rom assigned to CVC.

Also, the button I want to use, Button 5, when I click on it, brings up Notes. However... Button 5 is not listed in the Buttons Settings, so Notes isn't listed there either.

A mystery.

Kalel

PDAPhoneJunkie 08-12-2009 01:33 AM

Re: PDAJ's Clean WM6.1 ROM 4 Apache
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kalel410 (Post 1095864)
So, I just figured out why I was getting that error message I just posted. And that's because I tried to assign MSVC to CVC, when I already had MSVC assigned to the non-convenient button. I changed that assignment, and now I can assign MSVC to CVC.

But, again the same problem, I don't know what physical button your rom assigned to CVC.

Also, the button I want to use, Button 5, when I click on it, brings up Notes. However... Button 5 is not listed in the Buttons Settings, so Notes isn't listed there either.

A mystery.

Kalel

Hmm, I don't have an Apache right now so I can't check it, I don't know what the problem is. I'll have my Apache tomorrow so I can check...


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:33 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©2012 - PPCGeeks.com


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0